Start a new topic
Solved

Wikitude + Unity ARFoundation + URP

Hello, 

I try to get the sample szene from Wikitude "Simple - Alignment Initialization" To work with the Universal Render Pipeline and ARfoundation. 

I try it with different Unity Version 

Unity 2020.2.2f1

Unity 2019.4.21f1

Unity 2019.4.2f1

and with Wikitude 9.6.0

the first step i try to get Wikitude with URP to work end i get every time the same error.

if i build it for Android i dont get a AR Background.

if i try to use the Window -> Wikitude - URP Helper 

i get this error: Packages\com.wikitude.core\Editor\Helpers\URPHelper.cs(11,29): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Universal' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Rendering' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

also i try to make it manualy like here https://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/expertedition/UnitySupportedPackages.html#manual-scene-conversion

but nothing work i hope anyone can help me

with best regards

Mike

Sure here is what i had to make. The script is the one you sent me first, I just renamed it

with best regards

Mike

rar
(13.2 KB)

i found out that it must be because of the script.

because if i use the 2nd script you sent me (this with the scene) in the scene that didnt work before then it works too.

with best regards

mike

Glad that it works now, and thanks for the archive.

Kind regards,
Gökhan

I had same problem at Wikitude + Unity ARFoundation + URP.

And I found a way to fix it.

E WKTD : >ERROR: [Runtime][00:00:00.106.371] > Could not start the camera because no activeCamera has been set. (code 1003)

Unity 2020.3.25

Wikitude 9.6.0

Pixel 5a, Android 12

I think this problem occurs when the component "Wikitude SDK" is executed before the component "AR Foundation Plugin".

By setting the "Script execution order" so that ARFoundationPlugin is executed first, the problem no longer occurs.

If the order is reversed, an error will always occur.

In the sample scene ("AR Foundation - Multiple Trackers" etc.), I assume that ARFoundationPlugin is unintentionally executed first.

I made a mistake in writing

Unity 2020.3.25

Wikitude 9.6.0 9.10.0

Pixel 5a, Android 12

Just to confirm. Is "AR Foundation - Multiple Trackers" not working properly after this error?

Kind regards,
Gökhan

"AR Foundation - Multiple Trackers" works correctly by default.

However, if I intentionally change the script execution order, the application will crash after the error mentioned earlier.

regards.

Ok, understand. Thanks for reporting this! I'll make sure to include this in our documentation!

Kind regards,

Gökhan

I am still having a similar problem. 
Unity 2020.3.25f1
Wikitude 9.10.0
Android Galaxy S10

I am working on a simple Object Recognition Scene, which worked perfectly before changing to the URP. Even after trying the solutions here mentioned, I am still having a black screen as background. I tested as well the sample scene: "Instant Tracking - Simple " and it is showing the same problem.
I have another scene in the same project only with AR Foundation and there everything works fine.

Is there any Sample project which already works with Wikitude and the URP?

Best Regards

Hi,
Unfortunately, URP is currently only supported in the Expert Edition Unity SDK.

Kind regards,

Gökhan

1 person likes this

Hi Gökhan,

Thanks for your answer! Yes I know the URP is only supported in the Expert Edition SDK, I have a Trial License now, since we are testing the functionality for a project. And as far as I understand the Trial License gives us access to all Wikitude SDK features including the URP support right?

Best Regards

Login or Signup to post a comment