Start a new topic

Geolocalización, GPS, Camara. (Geolocation, GPS, Camera)

Hi, how are you? I have a question. I am developing an application in android Studio and wikitude using geolocation but for some reason I cannot make it show a POI on the camera. I feel that it is because the application does not know at what point the user is with the cell phone and because it does not have its location it does not show anything. But I don't know if I have to do that through some Wikitude or Android Studio code. Because in the Wikitude examples I do not see something concerning the location of the user's device. I appreciate your help, Thank you.

Hola, ¿Qué tal?, Tengo una duda. Estoy desarrollando una aplicación en android Studio y wikitude utilizando la geolocalizacion pero por alguna razón no puedo hacer que muestre un POI sobre la camara. Siento que es debido a que la aplicación no sabe en que punto esta el usuario con el celular y debido a que no tiene su ubicación no muestra nada. Pero no se si eso lo tengo que hacer por medio de algún código de Wikitude o de Android Studio. Por que en los ejemplos de Wikitude no veo algo referente a la ubicacion del dispositivo del usuario. Les agradezco su ayuda, Gracias.

1 Comment

Hi,

As for your use case - displaying POIs then those samples should be what you're looking for:

- Point of Interest

- Retrieving POI data

- Browsing POIs

The sample app, together with the technical documentation should give you the details needed. The location handling is explained in detail in the documentation. AR.context.onLocationChanged() callback is used get the current location, but best is to start your investigation with the sample app directly and the documentation.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment