What are some ways / best practices to reduce CPU usage?
For example, when using ObjectTrackables, Scene Recognition, 3D Models, Extended Tracking, etc.
i.e. At which points is it recommended to destroy and create objects?
Can you please provide the following details:
- Which version of the SDK are you using?
- Are you working with the JS API or the Native API?
- Are you using any of our Extensions (Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using
- what device does this happen with; do you see different results / CPU usage with different devices?
- is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device.
Thx and greetings
Wikitude is good at CPU usage optimization, but I recommend that if you have fullscreen info windows, close and open the camera proccessing with JS.
Can you explain to me what you mean by "if you have fullscreen info windows, close and open the camera proccessing with JS"...are you saying to close the camera while the info is displayed? Can you point me to an example of how to do that?