Start a new topic

Camera issues in editor on Windows 10

With the 8.3.0 SDK (and perhaps the previous SDK) the camera view can sometimes be distorted within the editor on Windows 10 when running in Unity 2018.2 and Unity 2018.3, but not in Unity 2018.1. And not on OS X. And we have seen this issue only on 2 of 4 Windows 10 computers. We have tested with embedded cameras, external web cams, and remote camera using the Unity Remote 5 Android app. Each of those cameras displays a different incorrect scaling and does not cover the full screen.

I have attached an example image of the video within the editor from a particular Windows 10 machine. The scaling of the image is wrong and there are black borders typically on the right side and top of the screen. We have seen reports of black or missing video in this forum and we are wondering if we are seeing a variation of that.

For now we will continue to use Unity 2018.1 as we haven't experienced these issues with 2018.1.

image.png
(135 KB)

This issue also occurs with the 'static image' camera. I have attached an example screen shot.

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue. This is the first report we've had with camera frame rendering not working correctly in the Editor, and I don't think it's connected to other reports that happen on specific devices.

We also couldn't reproduce the issue on our devices (Windows 10, Unity 2018.2). Does this issue happen in the example project provided in the download package as well, or just in your project?

Thank you,

Alexandru

It does seem to happen with the example projects in the download package.

This is a screen image from the unity editor on a second laptop (not the same one from the images above), running Windows 10 and Unity 2018.2.18f1. The laptop used in the previous images was a Microsoft Surface Book 2 and the image above is from a Lenovo ThinkPad X1. The image has a black bar on the side and has incorrect aspect ratio in that it seems stretched vertically or compressed horizontally. This is the scene "Object Tracking - Simple" in the example project. 

I found that when embedding the "Game" window in the editor program it would have correct aspect ratio but with black bars on the right and top sides. Popping it out of the editor (as I did in order to to the screen-copy) made the aspect ratio incorrect but with only the black bar on the right side.

We found the same issues with Unity 2018.3.6f1 when testing last week. So for now we will continue using 2018.1.9f2 for our Wikitude projects.

Login or Signup to post a comment