Start a new topic
Solved

Error when import wikitude samples in android studio for first time


image


Gradle 'SDKExamples' project refresh failed

Error:A problem occurred configuring project ':plugins'.


 Hi Ahmed,


Could you please refer to the forum posts below:

If you still have issues then report here.


Thanks

Eva


1 person likes this

Thanks for your response ,from your advice about this post: 

https://support.wikitude.com/support/discussions/topics/5000085685


I tried to remove the dependency to the plugins module in build.gradle of the app module but nothing changed

image



and if i removed the plugins folder from the project that error occur


Error:(28, 0) Cannot set the value of read-only property 'outputFile' for ApkVariantOutputImpl_Decorated{apkData=Main{type=MAIN, fullName=arm8Debug, filters=[]}} of type com.android.build.gradle.internal.api.ApkVariantOutputImpl.

<a href="openFile:G:\7- Graduation Project 2018\AR\WikitudeSDK_Android_7-1-0_2017-09-20_19-46-00\Examples\SDKExamples\wikitude-sdk-samples\build.gradle">Open File</a>

Hi Ahmed,


the first issue (Error:A problem occurred configuring project ':plugins') probably happens because you need to have the android ndk installed.


The second issue is from updating the android gradle version to 3.0.0. You can either revert this change and switch back to 2.3 or try to fix this as described here.


Best Regards,

Alex


1 person likes this

Wow, finally my problem is solved you are the best support forever :)

I followed your link on stackoverflow.com

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44239235/android-gradle-3-0-0-alpha2-plugin-cannot-set-the-value-of-read-only-property


and I added some steps as the following : 

1- I removed the plugins folder from the project 

2- remove , ':plugins'  from from setting.gradle 

   - Use include ':wikitude-sdk-samples'

3- as the answer in the link plus :

     -Use outputFileName instead of every output.outputFile

     -Use outputFile.endsWith instead of outputFile.name.endsWith

     -use outputFile instead of outputFile.parent

, and the screenshot will explain more

image


Login or Signup to post a comment