Start a new topic
Solved

iOS wikitude html and js file storage

Are storing files outside the app bundle in iOS a problem with the SDK? I store them at run time in the XCode NSCachesDirectory ( have also tried NSLibraryDirectory), and before sending it to the AugmentedRealityExperience alloc init method

self.augmentedRealityExperience = [[WTAugmentedRealityExperience alloc] initWithTitle:title

groupTitle:groupTitle

URL:indexFileURL

requiredFeatures:requiredFeatures

startupParameters:startupParameters

requiredViewControllerExtension:nil];

the above returns an object and  I also checked that the file exists first. The architect world though fails to load via the delegate method .. architectView didFailToLoadArchitectWorldNavigation:.. method:

did fail to load navigation 'navigation: 

original URL: '

file:///var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/AD11E025-AF00-4E16-9F20-31E311B50F2D/Library/TempFileCache/ar_worlds/atm_locator/index.html'

I know with the sample the files are in the app bundle but I want to get my files from a server in case I need to dynamically change them, and can't put them into the apps bundle at run time.

Many thanks

Hi n n,

The important point here is the format of the url that you're giving to the SDK. What the SDK (the internal UIWebView) needs is a URL in the following format:

file:///var/containers/Bundle/Application/5F1B8DC9-89F4-4E12-B90B-446BB5A27A13/DevApplication.app/ImageOnTarget/index.html

The NSBundle usually returns such urls.

code: [[NSBundle mainBundleURLForResource:@"index" withExtension:@"html" subdirectory:@"ImageOnTarget"]

You just need to use a Cocoa API that return a file url in the same format but pointing to the e.g. tmp directory.

Your log from line 22 outputs a url that is missing the `file:///` prefix. You get such a url with the following code:

NSURL *fileURL = [NSURL fileURLWithPath:[NSTemporaryDirectory() stringByAppendingPathComponent:@"architect/ImageOnTarget/index.html"isDirectory:NO];

output: file:///private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/1D667591-4DFA-4679-BA6E-DD2DF783D1EC/tmp/architect/ImageOnTarget/index.html

I was able to load an Architect World from the temporary directory using the [NSURL fileURLWithPath] method.

architect view finished load of world at url: file:///private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/E10409CB-442E-48D7-BE98-6E85E6F68EF8/tmp/architect/ImageOnTarget/index.html

Can you try using the +fileURLWithPath method in your project? You can also implement the  -architectView: didFailToLoadArchitectWorldNavigation:withError: method and log the error description to get an idea why it's not working for you.

Please let me know if the +fileURLWithPath method is working for you.

Best regards,

Andreas

NSURL *indexFileURL = nil;

NSLog(@"APP_DELEGATE PATH: %@", APP_DELEGATE.dataManager.tempCachePath);

for (ARDataEntity *arDataEntity in data)
    {
        NSURL *url = [NSURL fileURLWithPath:[arDataEntity fileNameWithPath] relativeToURL:APP_DELEGATE.dataManager.tempCachePath];

if ([[url lastPathComponent] isEqual: @"index.html"])
        {
            if ([[NSFileManager defaultManager] fileExistsAtPath: [arDataEntity fileNameWithPath]])
            {
                NSLog (@"path %@",  url); //works
            }

indexFileURL = url;

self.tempfile = url;
            NSLog (@"INDEX file path: %@", indexFileURL);
		  //  /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/71BBD047-53DE-4DD9-843C-EC83E42D2298/Library/Caches/TempFileCache/ar_worlds/locator/index.html

break;
        }
    }

self.augmentedRealityExperience = [[WTAugmentedRealityExperience alloc] initWithTitle:title
                                                                               groupTitle:groupTitle
                                                                                      URL:indexFileURL
                                                                         requiredFeatures:requiredFeatures
                                                                        startupParameters:startupParameters
                                                          requiredViewControllerExtension:nil];
    [self startLocationUpdatesForPoiInjection];

Hi n n,

I just mentioned NSBundle here because the return value of that method is what the WTArchitectView -load method is expecting.

Can you please post the complete code that you use to get the URL to your .html file? 

Best regards,

Andreas

You can't use NSBundle mainBundle to write to at run time. That is only for static files as the SDK example has . My files are written to  NSCachesDirectory and I get them using 

NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains(NSCachesDirectory, NSUserDomainMask, YES).firstObject;

Have tried the above also with NSLibraryDirectory or NSDocumentDirectory but all still give the same error

NSBundle URL:  file:///var/containers/Bundle/Application/

Caches URL:      file:///var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/

Can you please try your side?

Hi n n,

In general that should work.

Which API do you use to get the URL to the index.html file? It should be something similar to

[[NSBundle mainBundleURLForResource:@"index" withExtension:@"html"subdirectory:@"YOUR_SUBDIRECTORY"]];

Best regards,

Andreas

Login or Signup to post a comment