Start a new topic

Load WTC from Documents folder on iphone

Load WTC from Documents folder on iphone

1 person has this problem

Hi I am downloading "tracker.wtc" file at run time from api and saving it to document directory since i do not have access to app bundle. Now tell me how can i tell my imageTarge.js file to refer the "tracker.wtc" from document directory ?

Note: i am using wikitude iOS - Javascript sdk

Assuming you are using the Wikitude Native SDK, you can use the following piece of code directly:            

NSArray *paths = NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains(NSDocumentDirectory, NSUserDomainMask, YES);

NSString *documentsPaths = paths.firstObject;

NSURL *documentsUrl = ;

NSURL *wtcUrl = ;

self.clientTracker = ;

Should you be using the Javascript SDK, you would need to query the path identically and pass the wtcUrl to the Javascript side as the JS API does not provide a means to get this path directly.

Should you be using one of our extensions, the proper way of doing this will yet again be different.

Hardcoding the path will not work as the path will change upon re-installing the application on the device. Specifically, the hexadecimal pattern will be different. Here are some of the paths I got returned upon successive Xcode debug sessions:

/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/0DB301EB-E750-4D36-9FA7-418F8BB08F27/Documents

/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/8696826F-532D-400E-AA09-3788122C12EF/Documents

/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/6763F72A-1BE7-4E85-BD38-3F2BC59B863A/Documents

/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/522A09F0-0FD6-46E6-8D93-5060087BED15/Documents

If you however query the path at run-time using the code I provided previously and pass it to the JS environment your code will succeed I imagie.

Thank you for reply,

I use JS SDK, and I tried this code with static path as a test:

this.tracker = new AR.ClientTracker("file:///var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/A9F83B3C-B12A-4F30-88EC-3839D6D5F7B8/Documents/EpicMAR.wtc",{});

Is this code can do the job ?

Always I receive message of "WTC cannot be loaded".

Can we load WTC file from Documents folder on iphone ?
Login or Signup to post a comment