Start a new topic

Cordova plugin & Visual Studio 2015 Apache Cordova

Cordova plugin & Visual Studio 2015 Apache Cordova

Hi Siebren,
We could identify the issue in the forum and on GitHub. Please make sure to use `cordova platform add android@5.0.0` or `cordova platform update android@5.0.0`.

You might need to update your cordova installation for that.

Best regards

Andreas

That fixed it for me, thanks.

I?m trying to get the latest version of Wikitude Cordova Plugin to work on a Visual Studio 2015 Apache Cordova project. When I build the project I keep running into errors like the following:

1>  C:Users\xyz\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\ArApp\ArApp\platforms\android\src\com\wikitude\phonegap\WikitudePlugin.java:263: error: cannot find symbol
1>                          if ( !cordova.hasPermission(Manifest.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE) ) {
1>                                       ^
1>    symbol:   method hasPermission(String)
1>    location: variable cordova of type CordovaInterface

Please advise. Tried running the project on both Cordova CLI 5.0.0 & 5.1.1.

Hi Siebren,
Which Android SDK/NDK do you have installed? Android runtime permissions require API level 22/23. I guess your local Android SDK is too old to support runtime permissions.

Best regards

Andreas

I checked the installed versions, I had several installed including 23. I uninstalled everything below 22 and also updated the emulators to use API 23, created a new project and added the plugin and the error persists. 
Login or Signup to post a comment