Start a new topic

Screen Capture

Screen Capture

Hi There,

I am quite new to Wikitude, and have put together a trial app, based on the Studio output files.

I'd like to put a button at the base of the screen, so that a user can save a screen grab to the Photos app in iOS - is this something that the Button tool, or HTML Widget can handle in Studio, or would I have to do it programatically in xCode?

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Nick,

As this functionality is currently not supported in Studio, if you intend to provide such a feature, I'd recomment you create your AR experience programmatically with xCode.

I hope this helps. Should you need anything further, just let me know anytime.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

thanks for the quick reply!

I've tried adding a button onto the storyboard, with code I've used before to get a screen-grab, but when I launch the app, the button is not appearing.

I'm new to Wikitude, and am very obviously doing something wrong, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Nick,

You can refer to this example in our documentation: http://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/ios/browsingpois.html#browsing-pois

It explains how you can use static elements in your AR view. In the example, we show how you can display static data on a certain Point of Interest (POI), but obviously it can be used for multiple use cases, such as always showing a button in the view.

Best,

Martin
Login or Signup to post a comment