Start a new topic

Issue with Wikitude SDK 9.13 and fullscreen video

Hi,

we have a problem with latest Wikitude SDK 9.13.
On Android app when we want to start video drawable in fullscreen (Video Drawables Wikitude SDK Xamarin 9.13.0 Documentation

the android app crashes. This worked fine in previous Wikitude versions.

We are using JavaScriptAPI SDK from Xamarin android app.

Probably in Android version 12 and higher, there are some changes that causes this, as android context is probably NULL when calling AR.context.startVideoPlayer(urlfrom JavaScriptAPI.

On lower android version phones (android 10) this is working without issues.

We have tried several other options when sending current android context to ArchitectView creation but without luck on this code: new ArchitectView(Platform.CurrentActivity);

Exception:

Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{*PACKAGE_NAME*/com.wikitude.tools.activities.MediaPlayerActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'android.view.WindowInsetsController com.android.internal.policy.DecorView.getWindowInsetsController()' on a null object reference

Stack trace: 

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.citus.bookmedia.mobile/com.wikitude.tools.activities.MediaPlayerActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'android.view.WindowInsetsController com.android.internal.policy.DecorView.getWindowInsetsController()' on a null object reference

      at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:4169)

      at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:4325)

      at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(LaunchActivityItem.java:101)

Hi,

This same issue was reported some time ago and we already have a fix that will be part of our next version: 9.14.0. The new version will come out soon.

Best regards,

Aitor.

Please,
when can we expect for 9.14 version to be released? It has passed a lot of time since this was reported.

Hi,

We have the release ready and are waiting for final approvals to upload it. I can't promise any specific date, but we are trying to release the version before the end of June.

Best regards,

Aitor.

1 person likes this

Hi,

any news about new SDK release and fix for this video android issue? 

You have promised it to be released few months ago, but still nothing. Can we expect a new release or you have abandoned SDK development?

Hi,

The release is ready but last step is pending since my last post. I'll try to push as much as I can to make 9.14 a reality.

Sorry for the inconvenience and best regards,

Aitor.

Hi,

is version 9.14 going to be released, since the announcement about Wikitude SDK?

We really need this fix for annoying fullscreen video issue, so we can continue to use Wikitude until we migrate.

Hi,

Yes, it will be released but I can't say when yet. The last step is finally being worked on and hopefully we'll be able to release 9.14 soon.

Best regards,

Aitor.

Hi,

thanks for your reply, but we need to have a firm answer. 
This release was promised 5 months ago, and now that our licences expired in the meantime, and we have only 2 days to make a new purchases, we still don't know what to do.

We need this release so that we have stable and bug free release for next years time, and until we migrate, but we will not make a purchase if SDK is not released in next 2 days, because there is nothing to buy now really...

Login or Signup to post a comment