Start a new topic
Solved

Broken Camera

Hello,

I have a problem with the camera. As you can see in the picture, the camera is online but it always has this broken grid effect. I have worked with Wikitude in an already existing project where everything worked fine, but now I tried a new project on my own and even the Sample Scenes does not work. 

I can see that the camera recognizes the environment, because the screen changes depending on my point of view, but always with this effect.

Does anybody have an idea what I did wrong? I attached the Trial Key and asked for permissions for the camera.

I work with Unity 2020.3 and the newest version of Wikitude.

Thanks

Marc

Hey Marc,

are you using the Professional Edition or Expert Edition of the Wikitude SDK (with "newest version" I assume you mean the 9.13)? Also can you tell me which phone you're testing on?

With best regards,

Peter

Hey Peter,

I'm using Unity Pro and Version 9.13 of Wikitude. I test with a Redmi Note 11 from Xiaomi.

As I said, Wikitude works perfect with an other project that I have continued from a former colleague. And in my opinion I have the same settings now like in the working project. There is no Trial watermark, it is just this effect that the camera seems to be split a hundred times. I tried another Unity Version but with the same problem.

Greetings

Marc

Check for conflicts with other apps: Other camera apps running in the background may interfere with the camera operation. Try closing other camera apps and see if that helps.

Hey Marc,

do you get this same effect in the Unity Editor as well?

If yes - can you check if there are error logs in the console? It might be that despite using a Trial Key you still have to change the Bundle Identifier to an app name that's connected to your key (for instance com.wikitude.unityexample in case of the Trial Key).

If no - can you maybe provide me with an Android log so I can further inspect you issue?

With best regards,

Peter

Hey Peter,

sorry for my late response.

I solved the problem with using the Wikitude version before the current one and it works for me.

So this thread can be closed.

Thanks

Marc

Login or Signup to post a comment