Start a new topic

WikitudeCamera cannot zoom with Windows Surface Pro

Hello

• We are using the Unity Professionnal SDK 9.3
  • Unity version is 2020.3.2f1
  • Building for UWP
  • Device is a Windows Surface Pro 6

We are experience an issue with our device, a Windows Surface Pro 6.
It appears it is impossible to zoom with the WikitudeCamera. The "MaxZoomLevel" property returns 1.

Is this a normal behavior ? Because using the Windows "Camera" application, it is possible to zoom in and out when taking photos and videos.

Regards,
Thales 3D Team

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I've checked your issue and you are right: The zooming is not implemented for UWP yet. I will create a ticket and we'll make the necessary adjustments as soon as possible. Thank you for reporting the issue and I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Peter

Hello,

Just checking if your team had the opportunity to work on this subject and include it in a future version (possibly 9.13) ?

Regards

Hello Team Thales,

as far as I know this issue hasn't been tackled for the upcoming 9.13 release.

With best regards,

Peter

Hello,

Do you know if this will be implemented in 2023 ?
Just asking for a rough estimate.

Kind regards

Hi,

I've checked with our roadmap and I'm sorry to inform you that we don't plan to tackle this issue anytime soon. Hence I'm unfortunately not able to tell you if it will be implemented this year or not.

With best regards,

Peter

I found a discussion on the Wikitude support forum where a user reported a similar issue with the WikitudeCamera on a Windows Surface Pro 6. The user was unable to zoom with the camera and the “MaxZoomLevel” property returned. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any official documentation from Wikitude that confirms whether this is normal behavior or not. Subway Listens

However, I did find some information on the Microsoft Community forum that might be helpful. One user reported that they were able to resolve a similar issue with the camera on their Surface device by disabling and enabling the camera in UEFI. Another user suggested checking the camera access settings in the Privacy section of the Windows settings.

Login or Signup to post a comment