Start a new topic

Android build not compliant (missing 64-bits)

Hello.

I'm working on a project with sdk version 8.10.1 (cordova plugin)

This is my package.json

{
  "name": "it.mybusiness.myapp",
  "displayName": "myapp",
  "version": "1.0.0",
  "description": "A sample Apache Cordova application that responds to the deviceready event.",
  "main": "index.js",
  "scripts": {
    "test": "echo \"Error: no test specified\" && exit 1"
  },
  "keywords": [
    "ecosystem:cordova"
  ],
  "author": "Apache Cordova Team",
  "license": "Apache-2.0",
  "devDependencies": {
    "com.wikitude.phonegap.wikitudeplugin": "^8.10.1",
    "cordova-android": "^9.1.0",
    "cordova-plugin-whitelist": "^1.3.5"
  },
  "cordova": {
    "plugins": {
      "cordova-plugin-whitelist": {},
      "com.wikitude.phonegap.WikitudePlugin": {}
    },
    "platforms": [
      "android"
    ]
  }
}

Although, when I try to upload my generated aab to google play store, I get the attached error.

PS: If I remove the wikitude cordova plugin, the error doesn't appear anymore.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Hi,

please check this post: https://support.wikitude.com/support/discussions/topics/5000091127

In general your SDK version is quite old so please update to a newer one, for correct 64 bit handling.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Thanks for the answer, although reading that article, it state that:

Android - JavaScript and Native API
JavaScript API and Native API have the armv8 architecture built-in since 2015 (Wikitude SDK version 4.1.0 and later). The .jar and .aar files include a corresponding variants.

My SDK Version is from 2019, so 4 years after your software was already able to produce needed files.

Also I cannot find a single article nor documentation on the official website that explain from which version of SDK, it start being compliant for 64 bit support.

Can you help me with that?

Hi,

I checked our code and I can confirm that our cordova plugin has been supporting 64 bit build since 2015. I would have some questions for you:

• How are you loading our SDK in your project?
  • The cordova plugin should contain a wikitudesdk.aar file. I have just downloaded the 8.10.1 version plugin and I can see both architecture being included: could you unzip the file or open it in Android Studio to check if it contains both architectures? Maybe there's something that is not downloaded properly.
  • Is there a chance you can download other versions to check if the same issue is happening?

Best regards,

Aitor.

Hi,

I can see that you are doing everything right and that the .aar file that you have downloaded contains both architectures. Could you please test if the same happens with our latest 9.12.0 release: https://www.wikitude.com/download-wikitude-sdk-for-cordova/?

Best regards,

Aitor.

1 person likes this

I tried with 9.10.0 (the last downloadable version through `cordova plugin add com.wikitude.phonegap.wikitudeplugin` )

and it seems it's working correctly.

Although I don't have a license key for this version.

How can I make it work with my current license key?

Hi,

Since this is a sales related question, please reach out to sales@wikitude.com in order to see what are your options regarding the license key.

Thank you,

Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment