Start a new topic

In Android 12 Dark Mode Black Screen is Showing

Hi,

I am using Wikitude Xamarin Nuget package(Xamarin.Wikitude.SDK.JS) version (9.10.0) for android and iOS . For iOS It works fine in both light and dark mode. But in Android 12 In dark mode I just see black screen , No camera screen is getting loaded . I tried in Light mode and everything works fine. I even tried official sample of Xamarin as well and there also I am facing the same issue . Official GitHub link which I have tested is "https://github.com/Wikitude/wikitude-xamarin-examples".

Please help us to resolve this problem as soon as possible as we need to publish the App.

1 person has this problem

Hi,

Which devices are you using to test the sample app? I've tested with a Pixel 3A XL and both modes are working fine so far. Besides changing the mode, are you applying any more changes that we should be aware before continuing investigating?

Best regards,

Aitor.

I can reproduce it in android device (Samsung A32 and Poco X2 ). Just for supporting dark mode in android add "<item name="android:forceDarkAllowed">true</item>" insides styles.xml and it will not open camera in dark mode. currently in dark mode also it is using light mode in pixel 3A Xl so it is working. Can you add above lines in styles.xml and check if it works?

Hi,

I applied the change in our Xamarin SDK and I could reproduce the issue in a Huawei P30. I'll open a ticket right away to fix it as soon as possible. Thank you for catching this up.

Best regards,

Aitor.

Hi,

The issue has been fixed and will be part of our next 9.13.0 release.

Best regards,

Aitor.

Hi,

I have the same problem and I really need a fast solution for the black camera problem.
There is no new Nuget Package available. Only Xamarin.Wikitude.SDK.JS (v9.10.0) Nuget Paket is available. How can I get the new Version?

Kind regards

Ronny

Login or Signup to post a comment