Start a new topic

Video orientation in fullscreen

Hi, i am using the JS API on Android. When i launch video in fullscreen mode and change orientation from portrait to landscape (or in reverse order or do this 2 times), the video loses its scalling and it is either too small in landscape mode or too big on portrait). I tried to change scaling, but it didn't help. Can you provide me some information how to repair that?

Hi, sorry for the late reply, some of the people assigned were on vacation and didn't received any notification.

First of all let me ask you some questions:

• Are you using our sample app to test this or your own sample created with our SDK?
  • If you are using our sample app, which sample are you trying with?
  • Which version of our SDK are you using?
  • Are you testing with 1 or more devices? Is it happening with all of them? Could you please tell us which devices are you using to test?

Best regards,

Aitor.

Hi, i've been using it with the newest version of sdk. I'm testing that on Xiaomi Poco F3 and on Samsung Galaxy A20e. I have similar environment on IOS and everything works great there.

And i replaced my video with the 11_Video_1_SimpleVideo and change tracker to open in fullscreen. It does exactly the same, so it crops on rotation

Sorry, i checked that we are using 9.4 version of app. It works exactly the same in versions from 9.4 to 9.8. From 9.9 to 9.10 nothing is recognized and 9.12 not work at all since our key is not valid anymore

Hi,

Thank you for the extra information. I would suggest you to test with our latest version by using our sample app with your .js implementation, modifying the 11_Video_1_SimpleVideo. If that's also not working, could you please send me the .js file so I'm able to start the investigation with the same parameters you are using?

Best regards,

Aitor. 

Hi, i'm back and the problem is still occuring. This is the link with the js/php code https://pastebin.com/WuDdwJ9G. And one more question. Can i force video player to use only landscape mode?

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I would also need the html + assets. Could you send me the entire sample folder to test with?

Regarding forcing the video to use only landscape mode, that's not possible at the moment.

Best regards,

Aitor.

Hi, I'm responsible for the HTML The HTML is PHP based and runs on the server. In the app we just use a forwarder to the server.

The part of the code that causes the problem ist the following:

drawableCreated = new AR.VideoDrawable(augmentationsToCreate[i].uri, augmentationsToCreate[i].scale, 

{

translate: {

x: augmentationsToCreate[i].offsetX,

y: augmentationsToCreate[i].offsetY

},

rotate: {

global: {

x: augmentationsToCreate[i].rotateX

}

},

onFinishedPlaying: function videoFinished () {

drawableCreated.pause;

AR.context.startVideoPlayer(videolink);

},

isTransparent: false

});

if (augmentationsToCreate[i].autoplay) {

drawableCreated.play(0);

}

To call the video in the video player I use "AR.context.startVideoPlayer(videolink);" only. There are no other parameters I use.

When changing the orientation from portrait to landscape the video player will not size the video correctly. It's bigger than the screen.

An example of a videolink is https://marways.com/mdcc/web/wikitude/assets/Wimmel_1-part2.mp4

Hi,

I can reproduce your issue and will create an internal ticket to investigate and fix this as soon as possible. Thank you for spotting it out.

Best regards,

Aitor.

Login or Signup to post a comment