Start a new topic

Mixing ARFoundation and WIkitude in same project

Hey I'm willing to use  ARFoundation and Wikitude in the same project , but worry not totally different scenes , how ever due to GRADLE ERROR : colliding-attributes I can't, since both wikitude and arfoundation import arcore and have the same name spaces in many places.

and I get the errors listed below, is there a workaround for that , I really need to use both (I know my project can be done by either moving to Wikitude expert) or using AR foundation alone , but since both of my scenes are ready (first one in wikitude professional edition, and the later in ARFoundation) it would really spare me huge development time(since I'm simply delivering POC not final product), so is there anyway to use both at the same project (at unity 2020.3.22f1) and wikitude professional with ar foundation .

here are some of the errors:

> Configure project :launcher

WARNING: The option setting 'android.enableR8=false' is deprecated.

It will be removed in version 5.0 of the Android Gradle plugin.

You will no longer be able to disable R8

Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.22f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\build-tools\30.0.2\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only

Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.22f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\platform-tools\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only

Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.22f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\platforms\android-29\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only

Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.22f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\tools\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only

> Task :unityLibrary:preBuild UP-TO-DATE

> Task :launcher:preBuild UP-TO-DATE

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:

Execution failed for task ':launcher:processReleaseManifest'.

> Manifest merger failed : Attribute meta-data#com.google.ar.core.min_apk_version@value value=(202940000) from [:arcore_client:] AndroidManifest.xml:38:13-38

is also present at [:core-1.24.0:] AndroidManifest.xml:38:13-38 value=(210910000).

Suggestion: add 'tools:replace="android:value"' to <meta-data> element at AndroidManifest.xml:36:9-38:41 to override.

* Try:

Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 2s

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed. 

C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.22f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\OpenJDK\bin\java.exe -classpath "C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.22f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\Tools\gradle\lib\gradle-launcher-6.1.1.jar" org.gradle.launcher.GradleMain "-Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx4096m" "assembleRelease"

stderr[

Note: C:\Users\patrs\test\Temp\gradleOut\unityLibrary\src\main\java\com\unity3d\player\UnityPlayerActivity.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

C:\Users\patrs\test\Temp\gradleOut\launcher\src\main\AndroidManifest.xml:38:13-38 Error:

Attribute meta-data#com.google.ar.core.min_apk_version@value value=(202940000) from [:arcore_client:] AndroidManifest.xml:38:13-38

is also present at [:core-1.24.0:] AndroidManifest.xml:38:13-38 value=(210910000).

Suggestion: add 'tools:replace="android:value"' to <meta-data> element at AndroidManifest.xml:36:9-38:41 to override.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:

Execution failed for task ':launcher:processReleaseManifest'.

> Manifest merger failed : Attribute meta-data#com.google.ar.core.min_apk_version@value value=(202940000) from [:arcore_client:] AndroidManifest.xml:38:13-38

* Try:

Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 2s

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

]

stdout[

> Configure project :launcher

WARNING: The option setting 'android.enableR8=false' is deprecated.

It will be removed in version 5.0 of the Android Gradle plugin.

You will no longer be able to disable R8

Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.22f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\build-tools\30.0.2\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only

Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.22f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\platform-tools\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only

Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.22f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\platforms\android-29\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only

Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.22f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\tools\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only

> Task :unityLibrary:preBuild UP-TO-DATE

> Task :launcher:preBuild UP-TO-DATE

> Task :unityLibrary:preReleaseBuild UP-TO-DATE

> Task :launcher:preReleaseBuild UP-TO-DATE

> Task :unityLibrary:compileReleaseAidl NO-SOURCE

1 Comment

Hi,

We had similar tickets in the past where using 2 arcore versions was not working fine. Could you have a look at https://support.wikitude.com/support/discussions/topics/5000094324? Hopefully this will be enough to get rid of the issue.

Regards,

Aitor.

Login or Signup to post a comment