Start a new topic

Access to wikitude frames

I'm working on a video conference app using openvidu. We are trying to include wikitude AR session in the call. The problem is that both of them requires access to the camera so I have the next scenario: if I instantiate the local participant video first I can't start the wikitude AR session because video don't load. If I instantiate the wikitude session firstly the other participants of the call don't see the device video. I was able to create a custom video capturer for openvidu, that imitates the camera. It is required to send every frame for it to works.

But I wasn't be able to thake the frames from the wikitude Camera. There is a way to access the frames to resend them?

Hi,

could you please provide further details on your issue:

• Which version of the SDK are you using?
  • Are you working with the JS API or the Native API?
  • Are you using any of our Extensions (Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using?
  • What device does this happen with (model details and OS version)?
  • Is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device?
  • Could you send exact steps to reproduce the issue?

Thx

Nicola

Hi Nicola, 

I'm using the Native Api sdk, version 9.10.0. The device is a samsung A30, android 11. In the sample app there aren't any problem. I was trying to include the instance tracking from the sample app in the call video. It is working by I need  to share the AR vision with other participants of the calls.I need to access the frames to be able to share them with other participants using openvidu.  There is some listeners on wikitude camera available? 

Hi,

Unfortunately we don't have a way at the moment to access the camera frames from the SDK. I'll ask in case there are plans to include them in the future, but for now it will stay the same.

Regards,

Aitor.

Hi,

It turns out that I was mistaken as we have a way to get the camera frames by using our Plugin's API: https://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/androidnative/pluginsapi.html#plugins-api. You can have a look at our sample application to check the specific Plugin samples where we show how to achieve this. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Regards,

Aitor. 

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment