Start a new topic

MIUI Android 11 Issue with JS SDK

Running MIUI and Android 11 on Xiaomi devices the camera does not open at all, getting a black screen. This was tested on 2 different Xiaomi devices, different models, running the latest version of MIUI and Android 11.

This was also tested on a Xiaomi device running Android 10, with MIUI, and it works fine. 

The issue seems to be specific with MIUI and Android 11.

I see the following following error on logcat

2021-10-06 16:41:45.237 937-2064/? E/CamX: [ERROR][ISP ] camxifenode.cpp:8418 GetMetadataTags() get IFECropInfo metadata error

2021-10-06 16:41:45.261 937-2065/? E/CamX: [ERROR][STATS_AEC] camxcaecstatsprocessor.cpp:5115 PopulateLaserData() NCS tof handle is NULL

2021-10-06 16:41:45.262 937-2064/? E/CamX: [ERROR][PPROC ] camxipenode.cpp:6760 ExecuteProcessRequest() Preview_IPE0: zoom operaton from IPE, disableZoomCrop 0, SrEnabled 0

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

NOTE: This is specific to the JS SDK (running the latest version of course) tested with the official SDK Examples app. The Native SDK Examples app runs fine.

Hi,

I would need a bit more of information to start investigating the issue: Which version of our SDK are you using? Is there any log coming from our SDK instead of CamX? Is this happening with all the samples that are in the official SDK Examples app or is there a sample that's working fine?

Regards,

Aitor.

Latest version of the SDK. 9.10.0

No other logs other than that

It's the official SDK Examples app apk of the JS SDK.

The Native SDK Examples app apk works fine.

Hi,

As I could not reproduce your issue mainly because we don't have access to a device with the same configuration than yours, I will request a Xiaomi device that works with Android 11. As this process may take a bit of time, I have created an internal ticket to investigate this issue once I have access to that device at some point in the future (not sure when).

In the meantime I would suggest you to try with different StartUpConfigurations in case some of them do the work. Please let us know if you find out a clue related to our SDK that could save some waiting time.

Best regards,

Aitor.

Hi,

I received a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S device running Android 11 to test with and could finally reproduce your issue. The issue itself is not related to our SDK but to the latest version of the Android System Webview: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview&hl=en&gl=US. If you uninstall that specific update and open the application again the samples will work fine again.

Regards,

Aitor.

Hi, 

Thanks for the quick response, great work!

Is there workaround we can implement without requiring the user of the application to uninstall the update of Android System Webview?

Hi,

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything that could fix this issue for this specific set of devices. I will anyway monitor it for some weeks in case the next Android Webview System application release still behaves the same way to continue the investigation or to close it definitely.

Regards,

Aitor.

Hi, unfortunately it seems the issue persists on newer MIUI devices and furthermore it's not possible to fall back to older working versions of the webview. Is there anything we can do to solve this? I think this issue compromises a huge number of devices. Thank for your support in advance

Hi,

I'll request a newer MIUI device to test with to see if there's something we can do on our side. This can take some time.

Best regards,

Aitor.

1 person likes this

Hi,

I have tested with a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S running MIUI 13.0.3.0 and Android 12 and our js example app is working fine on my end. Is this still happening on your devices? Could you please add the devices details?

Best regards,

Aitor.

Found the issue: it was application related. 

I feel stupid now but <meta name="color-scheme"> totally misbehaved.

Thank you for supporting!

Login or Signup to post a comment