Start a new topic

After license expires

Hello

I have a question about License.

If the license expires during the subscription process, is the app inaccessible immediately?

Or is it accessible if the build was made before the license expiration date?

Please explain in detail what happens after the license expires.

Thanks.

Hi,

The license will still be valid for the app's lifetime, even if you cancel the subscription. 

- If you stop a Pro, Pro 3D, Pro+ subscription, you can continue with the license key given to you at the beginning of the subscription year. 

However, you will not have access to the SDK updates released after your subscription becomes canceled. Keep in mind that updates from Android, iOS, and Windows might affect the functionality of older Wikitude SDK versions and even lead to breaking changes. Additionally, your Studio hosting feature will be removed, and the Studio storage reduced to 50 GB.

- If you stop a Cloud subscription, you can continue with the license key given to you at the beginning of the subscription year. 

However, once the subscription becomes canceled, the cloud access will be disabled and you will not have access to the SDK updates released after that date. Keep in mind that updates from Android, iOS, and Windows might affect the functionality of older Wikitude SDK versions and even lead to breaking changes. Additionally, your Studio hosting feature will be removed, and the Studio storage reduced to 50 GB.

- If you stop an Enterprise subscription, depending on the terms of the agreement, you might be able to continue with the license key given to you at the beginning of the subscription year. 

However, once the subscription becomes canceled, the advanced services and features you had access via the Enterprise solution will be disabled. 

Active subscriptions (Pro, Pro 3D, Cloud, Enterprise) include access to SDK version updates. For example, if you started the subscription on the 15 October 2020, your license key will include access to all SDK updates until 15 October 2021. Once your subscription renews on the 15 October 2021, then you will also have access to a new key that will cover one more year of updates.

If you have any concerns, please contact us via sales@wikitude.com.

Hello

I have an additional question about the answer you sent me.

I am currently using cloud subscription on another account.

1. Please check if what I understand is correct.

1) No access to Wikitude release updates (no version upgrade allowed)

2) Unable to create wto file

3) Reduce cloud capacity to 50GB

4) Wikitude Can access even if app builds after license expires

2. If the studio hosting function is removed, will the AR recognition function through wto be maintained?

3. Should I keep the existing key for wikitude license key when building the app after the license expires?

4. If there is no conflict issue due to wikitude version after license expires, is it still available?(Or is it only possible until the subscription year?)

Please reply after checking.

Thank you.

Hi,

Since the questions you are pasting here are not so technical but more related to your specific account and license, please reach out to sales@wikitude.com with all these questions and they will be able to answer what applies for your specific situation.

Thank you,

Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment