Start a new topic

Recognizing dynamic targets

Hi guys,

I would like to get some technical advice. We are working on a PoC for an app, where we want to introduce AR features.

We want to detect and track:

- multiple barcodes and qr codes load data and display information and interactive elements around it

- detect ids (a sequence of numbers) with a specific background color, load data and display information and interactive elements around it

So far I have worked with image targets and object targets and both worked well with the wikitude architect. How would an approach with such dynamic data look like?

I wouldn't mind to pay for consulting, but I couldn't find any offer here, so I try my luck with the forum. Thanks in advance!

Hi Martin,

Could you please provide further details on the issue:

• Which version of the SDK are you using?
  • Are you using the JS API?
  • Are you using any of our Extensions (Titanium, Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using?
  • Are you working with Android or iOS?

Thanks,

Eva

Hi Eva,

thanks for the answer.

The constellation would be to integrate Wikitude into a Capacitor/Cordova App, so it would use the JS API I guess. The app is published on Android and iOS.

Version of Capacitor is 2.4.x (Plugins are compatible between Cordova and Capacitor).

If we have a working technical concept, we would buy the latest version of Wikitude SDK.

Hi Martin,

The only way you could achieve that through our SDK is with the Plugins. If you have a look at our Architect sample app, there is a Plugin API section where you will find 5 samples in it. You will have to take a look at the Marker Tracking sample where we use the ARUCO library to recognize and track markers such as QRs. The point that I'm not pointing you to the QR & Barcore sample is because the external library we are using through our plugin API is only useful for the recognition phase, not for tracking.

For the detection of ids, you will also have to use another external library through our plugin API. I'm aware of the Anyline library, but you can use whatever library you want.

You can have more information about the Plugins API here https://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/android/pluginsapi.html#plugins-api

Regards,

Aitor.

Thanks for the response. I will investigate it further.

Login or Signup to post a comment