Start a new topic
Solved

object not being recognized

Now that my build and license works, my object is not being recognized by the tracker. 

I have this error in the log, not sure if that's important or if the cause is something else

Wikitude SDK ERROR: Platform was not properly initialized. Please make sure that the Platform.cs script is part of your build!

Wikitude.<Start>d__85:MoveNext()

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Hi,

Which SDK version are you using and for which platform (Unity, Cordova, etc.)?

Is the error happening on Android or iOS? If Unity is the dev platform, is everything working while testing in the Editor with Live Preview?

Kind regards,
Gökhan

I'm using Unity Expert Edition, iOS

If you're referring to the AR Remote preview app, I am not using that. I'm making actual builds and trying to detect on  the build.

well I finally got it to track, but now the rotation is not aligned (see photos)

IMG5958.PNG
(3.99 MB)
IMG5957.PNG
(3.57 MB)

Hi,
Did you apply the correct pose also to the Prefab that is linked in the Object Trackable?

Kind regards,
Gökhan

Yes of course I applied it to the prefab. I have done all the obvious basic things. Something is wrong with the data in the .wto 

I am able to manually align it by changing the position inside the prefab, and then running it again (I got the AR remote simulator working now) but I still can't get it super accurate.

I have gotten this working before with a different object, but for some reason this object's point cloud is sideways in Unity, even though it is pointing up in Wikitude Studio. I have a feeling that the issue is stemming from the data in the .wto made by studio

I have now even tried remaking the .wto from scratch inside studio, the only thing I haven't (and can't) redo is the photos themselves. I followed all the instructions perfectly. Still, it's sideways.

Hi Edwon,

I could reproduce the issue and it seems that there is something wrong with the point cloud visualization. I am onto it and will update you along the way.

Kind regards,

Gökhan

We found the root cause of the issue and we will release an updated SDK version (9.7.1) with this hotfix in the near future.

Meanwhile, there is a simple workaround for the issue. The augmentation should be parented to a wrapper and can be aligned with the point cloud. After alignment add a transform to the wrapper or basically to the parent of the augmentation. The transform should be a rotation with -90 on the x-axis and 180 on the y-axis.

Kind regards,

Gökhan

Hi Edwon,

The issue was fixed with the newly released 9.7.1 versions of the Wikitude Unity SDKs.

Kind regards,

Gökhan

Login or Signup to post a comment