Start a new topic

Location Provider

Hello,

i use tha java script SDK to develop an App with location based services. But when i run the app i cant see the POI.

i use the wikitude sample 08_PointOfInterest_1_PoiAtLocation.

You speak here about Location Strategy, where should I insert that?

The MainActivity.java look like this:

package com.example.application;

import androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatActivity;

import android.os.Bundle;

import com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectStartupConfiguration;
import com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectView;

public class MainActivity extends AppCompatActivity {

private ArchitectView architectView;

@Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
setContentView(R.layout.activity_main);

this.architectView = (ArchitectView)this.findViewById( R.id.architectView );
final ArchitectStartupConfiguration config = new ArchitectStartupConfiguration();
config.setLicenseKey("licensekey");
this.architectView.onCreate( config );
}

@Override
protected void onPostCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState){
super.onPostCreate(savedInstanceState);
architectView.onPostCreate();

try {
this.architectView.load("file:///android_asset/test/index.html");
}catch(Exception e){

}
}

@Override
protected void onResume(){
super.onResume();
architectView.onResume();

}
@Override
protected void onDestroy(){
super.onDestroy();
architectView.onDestroy();
}
@Override
protected void onPause(){
super.onPause();
architectView.onPause();

}

}

Hi,

Could you please provide the following details:

• Which version of the SDK are you using?
  • What device does this happen with (model details and OS version)? Does the device have the needed requirements to run the geo AR samples?
  • Is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device and did you make sure to read about the concepts and details in the technical documentation?
  • If the issue persists and after you made sure to check all mentioned steps above, please send a complete, buildable and runnable demo project, that only consists of the code needed to reproduce the issue.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi,

Thx for sharing your project. From a first check, it looks like you only have the MainActivity. It looks like you copied and delted files based on the sample app. Please ensure to keep the classes needed (e.g. SimpleGeoArActivity,....). Please make sure to have a deeper investigation on the functionality to ensure that the concepts are understood properly.

Additionally I’d like to add details about our support process in general to manage your expectations. For questions such as the one we’re dealing in  this thread, our approach is to give you descriptions and ideas on how to solve the problem, links to the Wikitude documentation  and samples. Please note that we’re not providing 3rd party development and therefore are can't add the missing classes, any code or samples in addition to what we already offer online. 

As the support is done by our core team to ensure a high quality support process, I hope you can understand that we need to work efficiently. Ideally you make sure that you fully understand the sample app, how it works and also seek for input in different support channels online (as the questions don’t seem  to be related to an issue in the SDK directly but more to general  development questions).

Thx for your understanding and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment