Start a new topic

Instant Tracker Inconsistency

It's working great on the image recognition end but we are facing issues with the Instant Tracker functionality, It's kind of flaky, it doesn't work all the time, and sometimes it takes a lot of time(forever) for it to track a plane.

Attached image showing instant tracker settings we are using, We have had a better experience of plane tracking with Vuforia.

Capture.PNG
(29.5 KB)

Hi Rahul,

ARKit and ARCore replaced the functionality of Wikitude's Instant Tracking already in the Expert Edition and there is no immediate work done on this therefore in Professional Edition.

You can still use the native implementation by enabling SMART in the inspector.

Kind regards,
Gökhan

Hello,

I am sorry but i seriously don't know what to make of your reply, on your website, in your documentation you say something else and here you are saying something else. You are asking me to Enable SMART while using Instant Tracker where on the other end again, on your website, in your documentation, it says if it's ON it won't do plane detection.

I have attached a snapshot of your documentation just to make sure you understand what am trying to say.

Capture.PNG
(12.8 KB)

Hi Rahul,

sorry, I was assuming you meant the tracking stability of instant tracking as a whole.

In terms of plane detection, the table you found is correct. You unfortunately don't get any plane data when using SMART.

You can still do raycasts and get hits on a plane though (as seen in the "Instant Tracking - Scene Picking" sample scene), but visualization wise there is no flexibility...

For that purpose you could use Expert Edition's AR Foundation implementation. There, you can still use all single or multiple image and object (and cylinder) tracking capabilities of the Wikitude SDK and use Unity's very capable wrapper for ARKit/ARCore, where you can adjust the plane visualization for instance.

Kind regards,

Gökhan

Hi Rahul,

Could you please provide further details:

• Which version of the SDK are you using?
  • Are you working with Expert or Professional Edition?
  • What Unity version are you using?
  • What device does this happen with (model details and OS version)?
  • Is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device?
  • Could you send us a video showing the experience?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

1. Wikitude SDK 9.1.0

2. Profession Edition

3. 2019.4.4f1

4. PocoF1 which is running on MIUI 11.0.9 i.e. Android 10QKQ1.190828.002

5. Sample is app seems to be completely broken, it's tracking a plane at my eye level and also on above my head.

6. WeTransfer link for the video : https://we.tl/t-IfF0E0bmhB

mp4
Login or Signup to post a comment