Start a new topic
Solved

How can I use loading a few 'Instant Tracking' in a row?

When I load a 'Instant Target' then it sometime faild.

How can I solution.

For example, should the loading targets delay a number of seconds between previous target and next it.

(Wikitude SDK Android Javascript API)

Hi,

Could you please provide further details on this issue and answer these questions:

• Which version of the SDK are you using?
  • What device does this happen with (model details and OS version)? Meaning is the issue device specific?
  • Is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device?
  • Could you describe in more detail what you mean by 'it sometimes fails' - do you get a crash?
  • Could you please send us the crash log

We do have a partner in Japan - Cybernet, who can could also assist in case you have further questions or issues. If you haven't had contact with them, I'm happy to make the introduction. Just let me know.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Thanks, Nicola.

-Which version of the SDK are you using?
    > Ver.8.1.0
-What device does this happen with (model details and OS version)? 
     Meaning is the issue device specific?
    > Android 9 (Motorola Moto Z3 Play)
-Is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? 
     If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device?
    > It's own app. Sample app work on our device too.
-Could you describe in more detail what you mean by 'it sometimes fails' - do you get a crash?
    > If it switch the AR target continuously, you will get no response.
      I think "sendJSONObject('load_existing_instant_target')" or loadExistingInstantTargetFromUrl are no response.
-Could you please send us the crash log
    > It's not crashed. I don't have log.

Regards,

Nobuo

Hi Nobuo,

When you load an existing instant target, you need to wait until this instant target is fully loaded before loading another one. 

If what you are trying to achieve is to load more than 1 target to be tracked at the same time, this is not possible: we can only have 1 Instant Tracker working, so the last target loaded will be the one working. Nevertheless, you can preload all the targets you want by your own, and then swap them whenever you want by calling loadExistingInstantTargetFromUrl with the specific url and proceed as I mentioned before -> wait until an instant target is fully loaded before loading another one.

In case you are trying to achieve something different, please let me know.

Best regards,

Aitor.

Hi Aitor,

Thank you for your cooperation. I appreciate your help resolving the problem.

Login or Signup to post a comment