Start a new topic
Solved

Question about tags and different angles problem

Hi! I would like to ask if you can add labels or comments that appear on the cell phone screen when viewing an animated 3d model.

On the other hand I have the problem that when focusing a marker with the cell phone camera; I can't see the animated model from different angles when moving the phone. It is always from the same profile. Is there a way that by moving the phone around a marker I can see the 3d model from different directions?

Thank you!

Hi,

Could you please provide further details:

• Which version of the SDK are you using?
  • Are you working with the Professional or the Expert Edition of the SDK?
  • Are you working with the JS API or the Native API?
  • Are you using any of our Extensions (Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using?
  • What device does this happen with (model details and OS version)?
  • Is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device?
  • Are you working with image recognition (so the 3D model is displayed when an image is scanned) or object recognition (3D model is displayed when an object is scanned)?
  • Please share a video of the behavior you're experiencing

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi!

I do not have all the details because I am in charge of creating the models. But there is some data that I know:

We are using Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.

Xamarin Forms 4.

I'm not sure if the latest version of the sdk is used or an older one. To generate the file with wtc extension we use:

Wikitude SDK 6.0-8.x.

Implementation with an android device 9.

We are making an application that must recognize an image that acts as a pattern.

Above that image, an animated 3D model appears.

What we want to do is that, by changing the position of the cell phone (always focusing on the objective image), we can observe the animated model from another angle.

Or by moving the sheet with the printed image, rotate the model.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBGahn0cACI

Hi,

when working with image recognition and displaying the 3D model on the marker the standard behavior is that you can move around the model. Did you check the SDK sample app and the 3D model samples - these show exactly the functionality you're requesting - placing a 3D model on an image target at a specific position and being able to move around it. Please also check the attached video for further reference.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

mp4

Hi!

In other words, to have that functionality; There is no need to export the model to fbx and then to wt3 with some special configuration. So I just have to follow the code from the red car example right?

I don't know if it has anything to do with it. But when I want to generate the wtc file with the wikitude studio sdk 8.5+; generates a file with .zip extension. Is there a way to generate the wtc file with sdk 8.5+? Or is wtc the same as zip?

Maybe that's the problem with my application.

Regards!

Hi,

You'd need to have the 3D model, that you wish to use as augmentation, in the .wt3 format. So you'll need to go through the conversion process from .fbx to .wt3 as described in the documentation. 

Regarding the .wtc file generation: since SDK 8.5 you can work with .zip files and with .wtc files. If you want to work with .wtc files you'd need to choose the option '6.0-8.x'. The option 8.5+ will only provide a .zip file. As this is might be confusing to people, we'll change the wording in the options.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment