Start a new topic

Switching Tracker target

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to change the target of an object tracker. When I'm tracking an object and try to change it to track a new object/change the target my phone just freezes. The way I change target is through a script but I've also tried changing object/target by disabling an object and enable another one but it gives the same effect. I've also tried making a scene per object tracker but this also just freezes the screen.

So my question is how do I change the target/object that I'm tracking.

Hi Jonas,

Unfortunately we'd need sample code and / or log output you're getting when the screen freezes, as we can't investigate the issue by seeing that the screen freezes but don't know the code behind it and how you switch the tracker.

Would it be possible to share a very simple project that allows us to reproduce the issue? You can send it forum [at] wikitude.com.

Thx for your help and greetings

Nicola 

The videos show the problem. this is a scene with only a Wikitude camera and an object tracker and a button that disable the object tracker. this only happens when the tracker is tracking the object. but the problem doesn't come when not looking at the object and then disable.

Is this a wrong approach to disable a tracker or is there a better way to track a new object?

mp4
mp4

Hi,

Do you see any errors in the log output? Can you please provide us with a simple demo app, that just contains the code needed to reproduce the issue on our end?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

I am using sdk 9.1 and professionel version in unity version 2019.3.5. This happen on any device android device but not in my pc I havent tried on Os or iOS There is not sample app that tries to change target the problem only comes when i am tracking an object and tries to switch tracker or tracking target while i am tracking the object

Hi Jonas,

Could you please provide further details:

• Which version of the SDK are you using?
  • Are you working with the JS API or the Native API?
  • Are you using any of our Extensions (Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using?
  • Are you working with the Professional or Expert Edition of the SDK?
  • If you work with Unity, what Unity version are you using?
  • What device does this happen with (model details and OS version)?
  • Is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device if you simply change the .wto file?
  • Could you please send us the crash log
  • Did you make sure to check the technical documentation on our object recognition samples?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment