I'm in the process of producing an application which hosts 31 images within a book which will be scanned but i've run into an issue where after around 10 images it stops recognising new images and essentially gets stuck displaying old geometry and it simply does not recognise the new imagery. It happens whether I view images from 1 - 10 or 10-20 etc. So it doesn't seem to have a correlation with poor recognition the lowest scored image is 2 stars the rest being 3.
We've purchased a start-up wikitude SDK so we're wondering maybe it's a limitation we didn't know about or perhaps our setup is incorrect. We're working with the SDK in Unity. We've used wikitude Studio .wtc to for our set of imagery.
Let us know if you have any advice,
Could you please provide further details:
To your question if this is a limitation with the start-up license --> there is no limitation on feature side limiting the recognition of target images.
Thx and greetings
This is happening across both iOS and Android currently using Wikitude 8.10 and unity 2019.3.11 (the app builds with no issues and the sample app also works with no issues (though the sample scene is limited to 4 images in the dinosaur scene from what i've tested). It never has to scan 31 images sequentially.
Good to know it's not the SDK. From what i can tell it's as if it's able to recognise around 10 images sequentially then it stops recognising new images. Do you have any suggestions as to how this could be happening? These images are scanned one after another not at the same time.
Does the issue also occur, if you adapt the simple image recognition sample in the sample app by adding your .wtc instead? Please also refer to the documentation section to make sure that the setup is correct:
If the issue also persists with the sample app using your .wtc file, please share a video so we can try to reproduce the issue, as something similar has never been reported before.
Thx and greetings
Solved the issue, it appears that the extended tracking was the issue and the image which it stopped tracking had the Targets for extended tracking set to 0 from what I gather it caches each image as a reference and when it was set to 10 it was acting as a good extended tracker but not able to track beyond that image.
I've simply disabled all of those extended tracking targets in the inspector (looking at it in debug mode) and it seems to work smooth now. The extended tracking wasn't necessary anyway, hope that makes sense and maybe solves some else issue in the future.
Thanks for the help!