Start a new topic

Screen freeezes when turning on AR sessions

Hi i am making an application where i want to place objects with ar foundation at one point but when a user reaches a different destination I want to use scene recognition from wikitude. 

The problem is those 2 don't seem to work together!

If AR session is active which includes the ar session script and ar input manager script Wikitude camera doesn't activate which means the camera works but you wont see wikitudes logo in the bottom left cornor nor will it recognise any scene. 

So to fix this I first looked at using instant tracking but it doesnt seem to be the right thing for us. So we decided to stay with ar foundation. So I made a button to deactivate the gameobject AR session. In hopes that if the user arrives at destination he could press the button and ar session would deactivate which means the scene recognition would activate. 

BUT this doesn't work the screen freezes if you do this. 

However it is possible to do it the other way around... so having ar sessions active = false and then pressing button to activate it. 

But how come it doesn't work the other way around and how can I fix this? 

THANKS IN ADVANCE

attachments

1.png
(114 KB)
mp4

Hi,

Could you please provide further details:

• Which version of the SDK are you using?
  • Are you working with the Professional or the Expert Edition of the Unity SDK?
  • What Unity version are you using?

Did you have a look at our 'Multiple Trackers' Feature, that allows you combine different trackers in our Expert Edition SDK?

https://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/expertedition/docs/CombineTrackers.html

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment