Start a new topic
Solved

Wikitude not builderable with Mapbox

Whenever i import the wikitude package and the MApbox there occurs a crash at the build . My search online showed I needed to delete the AR features of MApbox. this worked. But I also noticed the error had to do with both software packages recalling the same thing twice.

My question is how do work around this without having to delete Mapbox features and not affecting my Wikitude functionalities.

please find attached a screen grab,

I have tested the suggestions above and it works. The build was a success using the example scenes from box packages.

Thanks for the Suppport

1 person likes this

Hi,

It seems that there is a conflict between the ARCore versions used by the two plugins. We'll try to reproduce the issue here and see if there is a workaround. We'll let you know as soon as we have some news.

Best regards, 

Alexandru

Thank You.

I would be waiting.

Hi Frank,

I had a look at your problem and this is what I did to get rid of the errors:

• You probably used this steps to get rid of the ARKit related Mapbox errors
  • Upgrade the minimum API level in the Player settings to 24
  • Delete Assets/Plugins/Android/core-1.5.0.aar
  • Edit Assets/Plugins/Android/AndroidManifest.xml and add
    xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools"
    in the manifest tag (as seen in the attached file).
  • ... and add
    tools:replace="android:value"
    in the meta-data tag where the com.google.ar.core value is set (as seen in the attached file).

With this steps I could build the "Wikitude/Samples/Scenes/Image Tracking - Simple" scene with the Mapbox/Prefabs/IconicBuildingMap Prefab instead of the WikitudeEye

Let us know if this works for you.

Kind regards,

Gökhan

xml

Hi Frank,

Can you please provide further details on:

• Which version of the SDK are you using?
  • What Unity version are you using?
  • What Mapbox version are you using?
  • Do you have further details on the version numbers of the colliding attributes?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

superb response time!
Wikitude_Unity_8-10-0_8-10-0_2019_12_10_11_18_40

mapbox-unity-sdk_v2.1.1

Unity 2018.417f1

am sorry the details of the version numbers of the colliding attributes changes from 180 ...... to 190 ...... sometimes depending on the sample scenes in use. but the ...:core1.5.0... is constant

Login or Signup to post a comment