Start a new topic

Multiplatform build (Android and Hololens/UWP)

Hi,

I'm currently trying out Wikitude and our goal is to have object tracking and image tracking working on a multiplatform project targeting Android and UWPx86 (Hololens).

In two different Unity projects we tried both Unity and Hololens plugins to test the Android and Hololens samples respectively.

Hololens worked ok.

Android, however, has the following error when building:

"Attribute supports-screens@smallScreens value=(true) from AndroidManifest.xml:4:21-48 is also present at [:unityLibrary] AndroidManifest.xml:27:9-37 value=(false). Suggestion: add 'tools:replace="android:smallScreens"' to <supports-screens> element at AndroidManifest.xml:4:3-163 to override."

On top of this, things start to get problematic when I try to include both Unity and Hololens plugins in the same project.

At first I managed to do an Hololens build by removing the x64 uwp dlls (which were somehow conflicting with the x86 ones). However, at runtime, the samples don't work correctly anymore (pretty sure because the android plugin overwrote some assets).

If trying to build for Android, it barely starts building because the Hololens plugin code is not prepared to deal with an Android target (e.g. missing #ifdef).

My question is: Is this a scenario supported by wikitude? 

If so, how should we proceed? 

Thank you for your time.

SDK version: 8.10

Plugins: Unity and Hololens

Unity3D version: 2019.3.1f1

Happening with the sample app

Trying wikitude for the first time

Followed the documentation and setup guide

Hi,

There are specific settings for each platform where an app is generated. You can use the same Unity experience, but it is then specifically built for Android, HoloLens...

Does this answer the question, or should we provide you with further details?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hello, 

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately that doesn't really answer our questions.:

1. Importing the plugin for both Hololens and Unity (for android) in the same Unity project causes issues for both (not even building) regardless if we have the Android or UWP build targets selected.

2. Importing only the Unity plugin, it throws an error when building for android:

"Attribute supports-screens@smallScreens value=(true) from AndroidManifest.xml:4:21-48 is also present at [:unityLibrary] AndroidManifest.xml:27:9-37 value=(false). Suggestion: add 'tools:replace="android:smallScreens"' to <supports-screens> element at AndroidManifest.xml:4:3-163 to override."

Thank you

Hi,

Does this forum post help for the Android error:

https://support.wikitude.com/a/forums/topics/5000094301

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment