Start a new topic

Real-time two-way audio and video capability and annotation

Hello,

I have discovered Wikitude's remote maintenance use case in this page :

https://giphy.com/gifs/wikitude-wikitude-augmentedreality-maintenance-remoteassistance-lenovo-26u40nWUMAGilYixa

Then I have 3 questions.

1. Is it possible to provide real-time two-way audio and video capability by Wikitude SDK ?

2. Is it possible to annotate (drawing, texting to) live video by Wikitude SDK?

3. If yes and yes to above questions, Is any sample code available ?

I found description of "Thanks to its real-time two-way audio and video capabilities, which allows annotations to be made and remain stable on the shared scene" on following page.

https://www.wikitude.com/blog-augmented-reality-maintenance-and-remote-assistance/

We are currently planning to create a remote maintenance communication and instruction App using AR experience by Wikitude. Your support could really help us.

Regards

Ikuo 

Hi,

Unfortunately, we don't have documentation or tutorial on how to build an AR remote assistance app, except the SDK documentation, but I could match you with our premium partners. Our Premium Partners are software development agencies, that are experienced in implementing AR with Wikitude SDK and demonstrated a high quality of work.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Thx for your advice.

Kindly clarify the following 2 questions?

1. Is it possible to provide real-time two-way audio and video capability by Wikitude SDK ?

regards,

Ikuo

Hi,

1. Is it possible to provide real-time two-way audio and video capability by Wikitude SDK?

You can use the Wikitude SDK in an app that performs these tasks, but our SDK does not provide such features directly. We will only be taking care of evaluating the received camera feed and provide the corresponding tracking information. Actually sending the video and audio data between devices is something you will need to take care of yourself.

Yes, that is what we offer. With the tracking information we provide, you can place augmentations into the live video stream. Again, the communication between your devices is something you will have to take care of manually.

- Daniel

Login or Signup to post a comment