Start a new topic

How to get .wto file (object tracking ) from web service using android javascript API

Hi,

How to get .wto file (object tracking ) from web service using android javascript API?

Because on the Wikitude sample we need to import our .wto file.

All I need is my project can automatically get the new .wto file that I uploaded on my web service.

I'm using Wikitude SDK Android 8.10

Thanks

Hi Sarah,

When you have created an ObjectTracker, then you will have to create an ObjectTrackable that let you to draw an augmentation for the .wto file. If you have more than one object to track inside the .wto file, you can create as many ObjectTrackables as objects are in the file:

this.objectTrackable = new AR.ObjectTrackable(this.tracker, "NAME_OF_THE_OBJECT_TO_TRACK", {
    drawables: {
        cam: [...]
    }
});

Take a look at the API reference:  https://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/Reference/JavaScript%20API/classes/ObjectTrackable.html  and you will see that you can create an ObjectTrackable that points to an specific object of the TargetCollection you are loading and then, draw an augmentation that depends direcly on that object.

Regards,

Aitor. 

Hi,

Let me explain about the project that I will make and the issue that I need to solve. 

1. I need to add new objects to the .wto file periodically, when there are new objects, I have to download a new .wto file and upload it to the web service. The function is that every time there are additional objects, I don't need to change the code or re-import the .wto file manually .

2. I don't display object 3d as augmentation. I display the description text of each detected object (each object has a different description). this also required to new objects added to the .wto file. I think it's almost like cloud recognition. But I need object detection not image detection.

What should I do to resolve the issue?

Regards

Sarah

Hi, Nicola Thankyou for the answer. I have one more question, how about make the different augmentation for each object inside the .wto file? I've try this case using unity, but I've no idea how to solve this using android javascript API. Thanks

Hi Sarah,

you can also store the .wto file on your servers and load it from there (You just need to put the server url of the .wto file once you create the TargetCollectionResource --> AR.TargetCollectionResource("https://.....",....

Thx and greetings

Nicola

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment