Start a new topic

Android Native Simple Object tracking

Hello,

Im having problems with running Android Native Example for Object tracking. I created .wto file with Wikitude studio and imported .wto file into sample: ObjectTrackingActivity. But rendering during tracking still does not work (have a look at the attachment video). I tried everything: create different object targets, run older SDKs i also created best scanning circumstances according to documentation. Still the same problem. Can you please help me? Im kind of desperate. 

Hi Dominik,

Could you please provide further details on the issue (there is unfortunately no video attached). If you refer to rendering during tracking does not work and from what you write in your thread, please confirm that you are testing with the SDK sample app and just replace the .wto file, the rest of the sample app is unchanged.

Please also share the .wto file and images of the object you wish to track. It might be that the object itself is not suitable for tracking. Did you have a look at the .wto file from the Studio Editor (if you double click the .wto file in the Studio overview page, it will open in the Studio Editor which shows you the point cloud of the object. If it is not very dense, this means that the object might be of the best quality for recognition and tracking.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hello Nicola,

1.) I confirm that I changed only .wto file and rest of the sample app remained unchanged (I removed occulder because with occulder it doesnt rendering anything )

2.) Please have a look here: Google Drive files it contains:

a) Video of bad rendering in your unchanged sample app

b) Video of good object tracking with you WIkitude app (i created label in wikitude studio and everything works well - it is the same object ! )

c) Tracking points screenshot from Wikitude Studio

d) Photos of the object (.wto file has been created with those photos)

e) .wto file

Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gINO4er3893DOCW-iN_-E3RpGhGAv4J9?usp=sharing

Hi,

There shouldn't be any difference between the tracking quality of the two SDKs and I think the reason it might appear so is that the augmentation in the Native Example is much larger than the object. In the sample code, this scale is derived from the point cloud, but it might be that this doesn't always fit the object very well. In the "onObjectCreated" method, could you please change the scale of the "strokedCube" to be something similar to that of the label? It might take a few tries to get it right, but this would lead to a fairer comparison between the two samples.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Login or Signup to post a comment