Start a new topic

Using the SDK in my own Flutter app (Camera shows black screen)

Hi,

I am trying to make an AR application with the Wikitude SDK for Flutter, but I am experiencing problems with the camera. 

When I run the samples project, the camera works perfect, but when I try to implement it in my own project the app crashes the first time I open it and the second time it shows a black screen.

I think the problem is that when you use Kotlin (standard when you setup a new Flutter project at this moment) there is no AR support for the SDK of Wikitude.

When I transform the code from Kotlin to Java everything works perfectly. 

Information:

- SDK Version: ">=2.1.0<3.0.0"

- I'm working with the Flutter Component.

- Flutter Version: "1.12.13+hotfix.5"

- Device: Samsung S10+

- Steps to reproduce the issue

- Create new app

- Follow the steps in the setup guide

1 Comment

Hi,

First of all, could you check at our sample app: https://github.com/Wikitude/wikitude-flutter-plugin-examples to see that everything in the dart implementation is correct? I think that the error could be related to how the permissions are required.

Secondly, I see that you are using the last Flutter version which is not supported yet in out SDK. I don't think this is the cause of the error, but we are currently starting to update it and will be ready in the next release.

Finally, regarding the transformation code you mentioned: it is supposed that Java and Kotlin code work fine together. I will ask you to be sure that everything is well implemented according to our example that i sent you, and if it is still failing i will do some tests with the Kotlin code.

Thank you,

Aitor Font.

Login or Signup to post a comment