Start a new topic

Arcore for Wikitude

Hello,

I have made an AR app using wikitude trial license and instant tracking. The project works in the editor but after building it to an android device, the app requests to install arcore into the device. Since I am making an app for all devices, is there any way to disable arcore completely for the project. 

I am using Unity 2019.2.13f1 and the latest version of wikitude.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi,

Please have a look at our feature SMART - SMART is a seamless API which integrates ARKit, ARCore and Wikitude’s SLAM in a single augmented reality SDK, cross-platform, for any device. It ensures the delivery of the best possible augmented reality experience on a wider range of devices, covering 92,6% of iOS devices and about 35% of Android devices available in the market.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply.

I have tried both enabling and disabling the SMART feature but it does not seem to work with devices that doesn't support AR. I have attached a screenshot from my phone. I had tried it on different phones and I get a notification to install arcore, even though it is not supported.

Hi Saurav,

Does this forum post https://support.wikitude.com/support/discussions/topics/5000092071 help you with your issue?

Thanks,

Eva

Hi,

I had already tried the solutions in the above mentioned post. the color on the bottom shows red and I have already tried disabling the SMART feature. None of it seems to solve the issue.

Thanks again for quick reply 

Hi,

This is most likely a problem with the camera permissions not being granted (or even asked for) by the application. The sample application does this in the Main Menu scene (MenuController.cs), which is probably missing from your build.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Hi,

Could you please be more precise on how I would add the MenuController script into my build, since I have already added it into the build but the result seems to be the same, so is there something that I need to add as references?  

Hi,

The only thing that has to be done is adding the "Main Menu" scene to the list of scenes that should be included in the build. Nothing needs to be changed inside the scenes. It should work as expected if you use the sample project we provide without any modifications.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Hi,

I have added the menu scene along with my scene, but still doesn't seem to work while building the app. I also have to say, the scene works when its in game mode using the unity remote app. The problem arises while I try to build and run the scene.

Regards

H, 

On which devices are you having these issues? Could you please post the logs to see if there are any errors that might indicate what the issue is?

Also, could you please tell us which version of the Wikitude SDK and of the Unity Editor are you using?

Thank you,

Alexandru

Hi,

I am trying the build on android version 8 devices. The wikitude sdk version is 8.10.0 and unity version is 2019.2.13f. I have also attached the log files below.

Thank you for the fast reply.

log
(109 KB)

Hi, 

I'm sorry for the confusion, but I meant the Android logs from the device using logcat. I'm afraid the Unity Editor logs wouldn't reveal much about the issue.

Thank you,

Alexandru

Hi,

I have attached the logcat file from below. Hope it shows the error.

txt
(837 KB)

Hi, 

Looking at the log files, it seems that there is something wrong with your project / build, as some libraries might be missing. Are you able to run the example project we are provided on your Android device?

Thank you,

Alexandru

Hi,

I tried running the sample projects and yes, it does run on my android device. I think this is specific to the project.

Login or Signup to post a comment