Start a new topic

Unable to Switch On Camera using Wikitude SDK in Unity

Hi i am using Unity 2018.4.13f1. When i export the apk file for AR app, after installation i cannot access my mobile camera.   

For Wikitude i am Using Wikitude_Unity_8-9-0_8-9-0_2019_09_24_03_43_11

please help me on this.

I also gone through whit this link:

https://support.wikitude.com/support/discussions/topics/5000090753/page/1?url_locale= 

but this also not help me

Its very urgent for me.

Hi Alexandru

Thanks for your information, Now camera is working fine. Thanks for your Support.

Regards

Rahul Katiyar

Hi,

Please include the Main Menu scene in your build, so that camera permissions are properly enabled. If that is working fine, you can also try to move the code related to camera permissions from the Main Menu scene to your scene, but you need to make sure that the SDK is initialized after the permission was granted.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Hi,

Yes I am building a single scene, I never get the camera Permission prompt when starting the application.

Thanks and Regards

Rahul

Hi,

Are you building a single scene, or the full project, including the "Main Menu" scene? This scene is the one that asks for camera permissions on Android, so if it's missing, the camera won't work. Did you ever get the Camera Permission prompt when starting the application?

If that is not the issue, perhaps you could include the logs from logcat, so that we could have a look at those and maybe figure out what is wrong.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Hi Alexandru,

Thanks for your response. Answer of your question are given below:

1) Did you enable camera permissions?

A) I don't know about that, but when i working with other app then we can access my Camera.

2)Is this happening with the sample project we provide, or with your own project? 

A) it's happening on both sample project as well as my own project.

3)Does it happen on all devices you've tried?

A) Yes it's happen in all device. I tried on Samsung, Moto, Oppo, Vivo etc.

Please let me know if you have any query?

Thanks and Regards

Rahul

Hi,

This is usually a permission issue. Just to confirm, did you enable camera permissions? Is this happening with the sample project we provide, or with your own project? On which devices does this happen? Does it happen on all devices you've tried?

Thank you,

Alexandru

Login or Signup to post a comment