Start a new topic

Vuzix M400 support

Hi,

I'm trying to get the Vuzix examples working on the M400 - but they don't. Is the 400 supported at all? 

Hi Tifenn,

With our current Vuzix SDK we're supporting the M300. You can find the details on all our supported devices and features here:

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Jai,

were you able to run the Android SDK on the vuzix glasses. In general we're currently not maintaining our Vuzix SDK, but did you try with our standard Android SDK?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

that's my test in that discussion.

Regular or standard Android SDK v9.5 does not work for Vuzix M400 (included built-in GPS). 

I can install and launch, but the screen is black, attached.

Is it because of 

<uses-feature

android:name="android.hardware.camera"

android:required="true" />

This class was deprecated in API level 21. We recommend using the new android.hardware.camera2 API for new applications.

I also like to know does the PROFESSIONAL NATIVE API work on Vuzix M400?

What SDK edition can I use based on the devices I want to support and the development platform I work with?

"startupConfiguration": {

"camera_position": "front",

"camera_resolution": "auto"

}

in samples.json the above code change also does not work in M400.

Hi Jai,

We didn't test the Android APIs on the Vuzix M400, as we don't officially support this device. So we can't unfortunately provide you with detailed information if the Native API is working on the M400 or what the exact issues of the latest Android JS API are with the M400.

One thing that you can try out is testing using the Android SDK 8.10., which correlates with the last Vuzix SDK release. You can find all older SDK versions here:

https://support.wikitude.com/support/discussions/topics/5000091233

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

What is the different between 9.5.0 and 8.1.0?
Does 8.1.0 have the Geo feature, for outdoor usage?

Details about all the important changes can be found in the Release Notes in the online documentation

Yes, 8.10 also offers our geoAR feature.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicla,

We tested 8.10.0, not all samples work on M400, particularly 08_PointOfInterest_1_PoiAtLocation not working.

Hi Jai,

did you check the Location handling - you can find details in the documentation under:

https://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/android/setupguideandroidlocation.html#location

And made sure that the runtime permissions are set as expected - you'll need to ensure that the permission for the location is set.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

did you check the Location handling?

Jai>> No, we use the existing APK file found inside the zip file.

Here the findings where most of the 8.10 examples are not working, particularly the Point of Interest where we are interested in is not working.

By the way, M400 is using Android 8.1 and ARM processors, isn't it seamless to get it working?

Image Tracking> Not working

Advance Image Tracking > Not working

Multiple Targets > Not working

Cloud recognition > Working

Instant Tracking > Working

Object Tracking > Not working

3D Models > Not working

Point of Interest > Not working

Obtain POI Data > Not working

Browsing POIs> Not working

Video> Not working

Hardware control> Not working