Start a new topic

Wikitude Instant Tracking Unity

Why is Instant Tracking in Unity Sample Scene is different from the one in the Java Script API? What I want to do is just place a marker at the center of the screen that turns green when ground detected. So, that I can place my 2d/3d augmentation on it.

Hi, 

The Unity sample uses a grid instead of an image to mark the ground plane, but otherwise they should behave pretty similar. The grid also changes color when a plane is detected, so in that respect it should be the same as the JS API.

Best regards,

Alexandru

1 person likes this

Noted. 

My other question is when I enable Smart in Wikitude SDK, then in some android devices e.g. OnePlus3,  AR Core Update is not possible but it still tries to and update fails so it shows a warning that app may not work properly. After that, the app gets stuck and nothing works on it. In such a case, I  would want my app to switch to Wikitude from ARCore seamlessly at Runtime. Please guide me through this. Is It even possible or any other alternative? 

Hi, 

This seems like a bug, as by default, it shouldn't try to install ARCore if it's not supported. Or are you perhaps using the OnePlus 3T version, which has support for ARCore?

Which version of Unity and the Wikitude SDK are you using?

Best regards,

Alexandru

Wikitude SDK I am using is version 8.9.0 and Unity is 2019.1.6f1. No Its One Plus3

Hi,

Thank you for the additional information. We'll investigate it further and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Best regards,

Alexandru

Login or Signup to post a comment