Start a new topic
Solved

Black screen android unity build

Hello,

So I have a unity project in which I dragged a WikitudeCamera (deleted the original one that comes with a scene) and and ImageTracker. That's all there is in the scene. If I run it in unity with a webcam, it works perfectly. The image gets detected and the model gets show accordingly. But when I build for Android using my phone, I only get a black screen and nothing else.

Building and running the main menu scene from the example scenes does work. But only when I go from Menu Scene to any other scene, only then it works. If I build any example scene seperately, I get the same result. A black screen,

I have looked around on the forum trying to find a solution, but so far I haven't found one that works.

• Wikitude_Unity_8-9-0_8-9-0_2019_09_24_03_43_11
  • Unity 2019.2.14f1
  • Device: Huawei P9
  • Platform: Android 7.0

img2.png
(36.3 KB)
img1.png
(4.86 KB)

I finally managed to fix it and is running on my Android device.

I am not sure if it was a wikitude or unity problem. I started with a new project and imported the wikitude package at the beginning, but I had to make some changes on the script of the ManifestAR and ContinuousRecognitionController files in order to work. 

Hello,

I am also facing the same problem. I dragged a WikitudeCamera (deleted the original one that comes with a scene) and and ImageTracker. That's all there is in the scene. If I run it in unity with a webcam, it works. But when I build and run for my Android phone, I only get a black screen along with Wikitude logo and nothing else.

Wikitude_Unity_9-0-0_9-0-0_2020_03_31_00_16_22

Unity 2019.4.5f1

Android Device: POCO F1

Image2.png
(41.3 KB)
Image1.png
(66 KB)

You have to give permission to your camera in the AndroidManifest.xml file.

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA" />

<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera" android:required="true" />

These 2 permissions were already there in the AndroidManifest.xml.

It's been a while since I did it. Sorry... 

In my start scene I created an empty game object and attached this script on it. So when I start my app for the first time it asks for permission.

Hope this works...

cs
(856 Bytes)

1 person likes this

@elli karyati. Thank you. The camera is now working.

Login or Signup to post a comment