Start a new topic
Solved

Black screen android unity build

Hello,

So I have a unity project in which I dragged a WikitudeCamera (deleted the original one that comes with a scene) and and ImageTracker. That's all there is in the scene. If I run it in unity with a webcam, it works perfectly. The image gets detected and the model gets show accordingly. But when I build for Android using my phone, I only get a black screen and nothing else.

Building and running the main menu scene from the example scenes does work. But only when I go from Menu Scene to any other scene, only then it works. If I build any example scene seperately, I get the same result. A black screen,

I have looked around on the forum trying to find a solution, but so far I haven't found one that works.

• Wikitude_Unity_8-9-0_8-9-0_2019_09_24_03_43_11
  • Unity 2019.2.14f1
  • Device: Huawei P9
  • Platform: Android 7.0

img2.png
(36.3 KB)
img1.png
(4.86 KB)

Hi,

I have a black screen when I build a scene to an Android 10/ Unity 2018.4.27f1

Can anybody help?

Attaching the menu controller to what game object worked?

Hi,

This shouldn't be needed anymore in the latest 9.0.0 release.

Best regards,

Alexandru

So, I added the Wikitude camera and Image tracker. I set the wtc and also replaced the app id. Still a black screen shows up without asking camera permission on build with the wikitude watermark. Using the latest sdk.

Hi, 

Could you please try the ready-made project included in the package and check if image tracking is working there?

Thank you,

Alexandru

No even a build of that app shows a black screen. I am using Unity 2019.2.17.

One  warning shown is:

Assets\Wikitude\Samples\Scripts\ContinuousRecognitionController.cs(29,17): warning CS0114: 'ContinuousRecognitionController.OnInitializationError(Error)' hides inherited member 'SampleController.OnInitializationError(Error)'. To make the current member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword.

Camera turns on for Plane tracking and some other features.

Hi,

did you make sure to follow the details mentioned in this stream and other forum posts related to a black screen in combination with Unity? Please also check the setup and getting started guide in our Unity documentation to ensure that all steps are followed as required.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi,

So, if I understand correctly, the camera is working fine in the Plane Detection samples, but not in the Image Tracking samples?

Best regards,

Alexandru

Yes, exactly

Login or Signup to post a comment