Start a new topic

How To: Simultaneous image and positional tracking?

Can we please get a tutorial for this?
https://www.wikitude.com/blog-augmented-reality-demo-with-simultaneous-ar-tracking-object-image-positional/

All info on forum, so far, says we cannot yet mix tracking types (image + instant).
Does that mean device positional tracking is different than Wikitude instant tracking?

Bottom line is I would like to throw a game card on the table, have it image tracked, and also be able to build up other augmentations around it, relative to the real world, not the card.

Again, it seems like that demo shows Wikitude can accomplish this (at least on tracking-capable devices). Please show us how!

Thanks

3 people like this idea

Hi Carson,

we will follow-up with you and contact you on this directly via email.

Cheers

Phil

Hi,

I'm also very interested in this demo. For reference, we are currently using ImageTracker to automatically take pictures. On some objects, we get better tracking results with ObjetTracker, thanks to the 3d nature of the tracking, but this tracker is missing distance and size information. Would it be possible to combine the two ?

Regards

1 person likes this

I'm also very interested in this. I am currently struggling with a scenario where I want to use an image tracker to identify a plane to track later, but I'm stuck with the fact that an InstantTracker and an ImageTracker can't be ran in parallel. (Wikitude 8.10 on Unity)

2 people like this

Hallo Wikitude Team,

do we all get more information about this by mail?
I would love to learn more about this.

Thank you very much.

I'm also interested in the answer to this question, please let me know.

My question is quite similar: I want to build a environment around a game board, which stays available if you're looking around, loosing focus on the gameboard. (Using WIkitude for Phonegap)

Currently I'm doing this by adding geo-elements, using RelativeLocation. This does work, however the objects move around with the user. Ideally I would like the user to be able to walk around the placed object (indoors). Using relative location this isn't possible. Is there any other solution for this?

Login or Signup to post a comment