Start a new topic
Solved

Supported Device?

I Have a Motorola Moto Maxx, in a quick analysis, it seems compatible with Wikitude.

Android Marshmallow (6.0.1)

Has Accelerometer and all the other hardwares needed.

But It keeps showing me a black screen on launch.

When I try with my husband's phone, an Moto G5 Plus, and my app works well.

Can I have some info if my phone is supported?

Im using with Unity Plugin

Hi Gelson,

Please provide the following details:

• Which version of the SDK are you using?
  • What Unity version are you using?
  • What Android Studio version are you using?
  • Is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device?
  • Do you get any logoutput?
  • Did you make sure to follow the setup guide, have a look at the migration notes and also our forum for other users experiencing the same 'black screen' issue?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

• Which version of the SDK are you using? 23
  • What Unity version are you using? 2018.4
  • What Android Studio version are you using? 3.5
  • Is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device? I have the same problem on sample APP. When I run the Camera Config, it gets me and error related do Camera 2 API, I click to disable it, but I get no image. After this, Im unable to use my camera for any other thing, like take a photo. I have to restart the cell for the camera to work again.
  • Do you get any logoutput?
  • Did you make sure to follow the setup guide, have a look at the migration notes and also our forum for other users experiencing the same 'black screen' issue? I have tried the following:

-Disable Hyperthreading
-Graphics to GLP2 only
-Turn off Tv Support
-Downloading older versions of Wikitude
-Running your sample for Android Studio(with the same result)
-Using Internal and Gradle
-Turning to 16 bits

Hi,

Did you also make sure to follow the configs / setup regarding 64bit support. Some details from our team:

If you are using 2018.1 or later, you can enable experimental support for 64 bit builds on Android from Player Settings. To enable 64 bit support in the Wikitude binaries, copy the .aar files from the Libraries/Android/ARM64 folder inside the downloaded package into the Asssets/Plugins/Android folder in the Unity project folder, replacing the existing ones there. After that, simply build as usual.

Further details on 64bit support changes for Android can be found here:

https://support.wikitude.com/support/discussions/topics/5000091127

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola, thanks for your help in this, but my CPU is 32 bit.

I made a workaround, but I don't think your customers will like doing it.

My phone has the max Android version of 6.0.1, then as a last effort, I tried to root it and install an unofficial 7.1.2 rom.

After some trouble in installing it, the first think I tried was running my wikitude sample on it, and it worked well, with no errors.

So I believe that it's some kind of incompatibility with 6.0.1

Thanks!

Login or Signup to post a comment