Start a new topic

Can not load architect world from iOS documents folder

Hi,

I just updated my Wikitude iOS JavaScript API from 8.7.0 to 8.9.0 and my architect worlds aren't loaded anymore. The architect view just displays the outline of a square (see screenshot not_working.png) instead of an instruction image from the assets folder of the architect world (see screenshot working.png).

There are two interesting things about this issue:

- It works if the architect world is loaded from the application bundle. But it does not work when it's loaded from the documents folder of my app.

- It works with WikitudeSDK 8.7 (even from the documents folder)

Some ideas anyone?

Best,

Danial

working.jpeg
(597 KB)
notworking.PNG
(2.01 MB)

Hi Danial,

Do you have the same behavior with SDK 8.9.1?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Yes, I do ...

Hi Nicola,

are you able to reproduce the issue?

Best, Danial

Hi,

It's assigned to our internal tech team and they will provide you with details once they're on it to answer the support requests and are done with the investigation.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Danial,

Sorry for the late response.

Yes, I could reproduce this issue, it seems to be related to the update of UIWebView to WKWebView in our latest release. We will address this URL parsing issue properly in a future release.

In the meantime, could you try adding a file:// prefix to your URL when loading a file from Documents? So that the final URL to load the experience would be something like:

file:///var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/X/Documents/Experience/index.html

Let me know if that works out for you.

- Damian

Hi Damian,

thanks for your response!

My URLs already have that file:// prefix. Do you have another workaround for this issue?

Or is there some kind of estimation when we can expect a fixed release?

Best,

Danial

Hi Damian,

are there any updates on this issue?

Thanks,

Danial

Hi Danial,

Sorry for the late reply. We are looking into it.

What do the URLs that are failing look like? Can you provide an example?

Did you try using the clearCache method in WTARchitectView? Do you still have the same issue after this?

Does removing and reinstalling the app make any difference?

- Damian

Hi Damian,

this is one of the failing URLs:

file:///var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/90C294C2-F06F-4C27-8E38-EC9EA1DD43FD/Documents/web_packs/webpack-global-c4061b286a5ae3cc92a8af82c76ca406/index.html

The clearCache method does not fix it. Neither a fresh install of the app ...

Best,

Danial

Login or Signup to post a comment