Start a new topic

Scene Recognition/Tracking Poor Performance

Hello,

I took several pictures of my house wall in my local yard, then I had Wikitude generate the point-cloud which is quite detailed.
I used Wikitude with Unity and inserted a simple cube and exported the app.

The app successfully recognizes my house wall as a marker and the cube appears only unfortunately I have quite low frames per second (FPS).
As soon as the cube appears the scene starts jerking.

I guess that has something to do with tracking.

I use Android 8.0 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, so no weak hardware.

What could be the reason?
Maybe I forgot to adjust something?

I would be glad about an answer!

Many thanks and best regards
Laurence Trippen

Hi,

Can you please provide the following details:

• Which version of the SDK are you using?
  • What Unity version are you using?
  • Is the same working on iOS?
  • Is this happening with the unchanged sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

here the details:

• Wikitude SDK 8.9.0
  • Unity 2019.2.6f
  • Didn't test it on iOS.
  • This was an app of its own, so I'm going to test a sample app.

Here is a picture of the Feature Points of the wall.

Are there perhaps too many Feature Points?

In the meantime, I've tried another project of my own. There I only worked with Wikitude Studio. The scene was more complex, but had fewer feature points.
There I compiled the app with Android Studio. I didn't have any performance problems there. Maybe that's helpful.

Laurence

Hi,

The feature points shouldn't be the issue here. Could you please share the .wto files of both objects with the indication on which is working as expected and which is not.

Please also share the images that you use for creating the .wto files. You can send everything to forum [at ] wikitude.com.

Once you've tested with the SDK sample app and just switch the .wto file, please provide feedback if the performance is the same as with your app.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

I sent the pictures and the WTO file to the forum [at] wikitude [dot] com address.

This is the scene that has quite a frame drop when the wall is recognized.

Because of the sample app I will contact you again.

Laurence

Hi Laurence,

Thx for sharing the files. Once we have the confirmation that the same behavior also is happening with the SDK sample app, I'll assign this to our team for further investigation.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment