Start a new topic

Display a 3D Object anchored on the ground via Geolocation

Hello there,

I am facing an issue in the Android application I am currently developing with Wikitude. I cannot display 3d objects anchored to the ground, while using Geolocation to position them within the AR Scene. Instead I am getting the 3d objects floating regardless of the change of the translate{x,y,z} values or the change of the alititude itself.

At this point, I also have to mention that I test the application while being on the first floor of a building (~4 meters above the sea level). I don't know if this is the cause of my issue, but I would like someone to see through this matter since there is not a single piece of documentation or post in the Wikitude forums that can be of assistance. 

I am building an indoor navigation application with access to the AR scene so that the user can navigate towards PoIs.

Here is a code sample of my JavaScript class in which I define these 3d objects based on AR.Geolocation:

loadPath: function loadPathFn(poiData){

this.poiData = poiData;

var pathLocation = new AR.GeoLocation(poiData.latitude, poiData.longitude, poiData.altitude);

var myModel = new AR.Model(

"assets/desole.wt3", {

translate: {

x: 0.7,

y: -4,

z: -1

},

scale: {

x: 0.01,

y: 0.01,

z: 0.01

},

});

this.diceObject = new AR.GeoObject(pathLocation, {

drawables: {

cam: myModel

}

});

World.updateStatusMessage('1 place loaded');

},

The values of poiData.latitude, poiData.longitude, poiData.altitude contain information about a location close to the user, as they are an array of LatLngs originally that construct a path from the user's location to the PoI.

Please help me, I've been looking for a solution for the past two months and it's frustrating!!!!

Thank you very much in advance

1 Comment

Hi,

Please have a look at the other forum post you created. I provided details there:

https://support.wikitude.com/a/forums/topics/5000092898

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment