Start a new topic

Video Not Playing for Android

I have properly converted the video format as said and i even used HandBrake but when i put in the link into the program video plays in IOS phones but not Android phones. I need a solution for this because we have an upcoming event this sunday. Thanks.

Hi Rico,

Could you please share the video file with us. Please also provide the following details:

• Which version of the SDK are you using?
  • Are you using any of our Extensions (Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using?
  • What device does this happen with (model details and OS version)?
  • Is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, Does the sample app work on your device?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hello,

The video already shows on android phone, but there are instances that audio plays but no video visible, or video loads significantly slow compared to IOS.

• Which version of the SDK are you using?
    -We are using wikitude javascript api
  • Are you using any of our Extensions (Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)?
    -Cordova on top of Ionic 3
  • If yes, which version are you using?
    -v 8.0
  • What device does this happen with (model details and OS version)?
    -We've exprienced this with samsung phones mostly running at android 8.0
  • Is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? 
    -this happens on our own app
  • If it happens with your own app, Does the sample app work on your device?
    -Yes, the sample app works on our device

I have attached the js file for code reference.

js

Hi Rico,

I'm afraid I cannot provide any support for applications built with Ionic as we do not officially support that platform, we merely link to a third party implementation on our download page.

Have you tried reproducing this behaviour in the Wikitude sample app? That's what I would need you to do to be able to have a closer look at your issue. I don't see anything wrong with the JavaScript code you posted.

- Daniel

Login or Signup to post a comment