Start a new topic

My FBX file not loading and encoder crashes too

Hello~

I have an FBX file that i am trying to upload on the Encoder on Windows, but for some reason it begins to load and then stops and displays the following message (see attached image) and the closes.

This is my FBX file link. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13lPPVW5IJxiLcKcpvYJFRMe2nyTx6050

Can you help me deal with that?

53665.jpg
(83.7 KB)

Hi,

Could you please provide the following details:

- translated error message (unfortunately we can't read what the error message says)

- Windows Version

- 3DEncoder Version

Thx and greetings

Nicola

I fixed my 3D model FBX follow the advice from your WEB site. Now I can read my FBX on FBX Converter 2013.3 and Autodesk FBX, but I still can read my FBX on wikitude 3D Encoder.

Btw, my windows is 10 ver and my wikitude 3D Encoder is 1.7(521)

AF.jpg
(259 KB)
FBXC.jpg
(367 KB)

Hi,

So the problem in the encoder stays the same?

Greetings

Nicola

Hi,

Now I can read my fbx in Wikitude 3D Encoder. But no Shadow on my 3D model. I can 't distinguish between heads and bodies. Any suggestions for me?

Hi,

does your FBX have a light source included? If so, what kind of light source are you using (point, spot, directional)?

- Daniel

Yes, my light source is point. Could you take a look what wrong with my FBX?

fbx
(1.25 MB)

Good morning,

I don't think there's anything wrong with your FBX, we do have some problems with point lights, however. Would you mind changing your light source to be a directional or spot light?

- Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I already tried  directional or spot light,  but I get message like that..

1.Non-power-of-two texture

2.Modified texture wrapping mode

cut0909.png
(975 KB)

Hi,

these should be unrelated error messages. The first one indicates that you are using textures which do not have width or height that are powers of 2 (32, 64, 128, 256, 512, etc). I believe this is only a warning and should not be a problem for now, power-of-2 textures just would be more efficient. The second message seems to me to indicate that you might be using a texture wrapping mode that is not supported. The texture wrapping mode defines what happens when sampling outside of the texture area (whether is should be repeated, mirrored, replaced by border colour, etc.).

For now I would like to focus on the lighting itself. Could you try the directional light again (since it's the easiest to set up correctly) and check whether you get the correct shading for that?

- Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I already tried  3 kinds different levels of directional light (0.1, 0.3, 0.6) ,  but I get the same results like that.. I just want to separate the colors. Can you help me more?

fbx
(2.81 MB)
fbx
(2.81 MB)
fbx
(2.81 MB)

btw, Can I change light strength by coding in wikitude?

Login or Signup to post a comment