Start a new topic

Different quality between Unity plugin and Flutter plugin

Hi,

I made projects using Unity Plugin and Flutter plugin, and the quality seems quite different though in the same examples, 05_InstantTracking_3_Interactivity.

Objects in Unity project shake slightly and keep their position.

However, objects in Flutter project follow the user, not keeping their positions and even their sizes change.

Flutter project is more unstable overall. Please keep in mind that I tested several times.

I know they are different kinds of plugins, but why are their qualities so different?

Is there any solution to improve the quality of Flutter project?

Regards,

Nagyeong

Hi Nagyeong,

I will test both plugins as soon as possible, but I would need more information to guess what could be happening.

Which resolution are you using for both plugins? A worse resolution can be translate into a worse performance.

Regards,

Aitor.

Hello Aitor,

I tested with the same mobile, Galaxy S10e and its resolution is 2280X1080.

In my opinion, the problem seems far from resolution. Even though I tested with the same device, the movement of objects are different regarding markerless tracking quality and stability of themselves. 

That's why I think the problem is related to code(plugin). I'd be happy if you give some solutions to improve the quality of Flutter project.

If you need, I can send demo files to you.

Regards,

Nagyeong

Hi,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, i was not talking about the device resolution, but the SDK resolution. We have 4 options to send to the SDK in the StartUpConfiguration class: SD_640x480, HD_1280x720, FULL_HD_1920x1080 and AUTO.

When no option is set, we have one set by default -> in Flutter is SD_640x480. I would like you to try to set the resolution in Flutter to AUTO or the HD option, before checking other components, to see if it improves the performance (better image = better tracking points and so on).

Regards,

Aitor.

Hi Aitor,

cameraResolution of StartupConfiguration I tested was FULL_HD_1920x1080.

Do I need to set the resolution in Flutter as AUTO or the HD?

Regards,

Nagyeong

Hi again,

If the cameraResolution was set to FULL_HD_1920x1080 in both plugins, then no, you don't have to do that. I will check plugin differences as soon as possible to see where is this problem coming from.

Thanks,

Aitor.

Login or Signup to post a comment