Start a new topic

Xamarin - POI Jumps

Hi, i'm new with Wikitude. I'm trying to put an object in at a specific point on earth but, trying to modify your "Multiple Pois" example like this (multiplepois.js in XamarinExampleApp.iOS):

/* Request POI data. */
    requestDataFromLocal: function requestDataFromLocalFn(centerPointLatitude, centerPointLongitude) {
        //var poisToCreate = 20;
        var poiData = [];
        /*
        for (var i = 0; i < poisToCreate; i++) {
            poiData.push({
                "id": (i + 1),
                "longitude": (centerPointLongitude + (Math.random() / 5 - 0.1)),
                "latitude": (centerPointLatitude + (Math.random() / 5 - 0.1)),
                "description": ("This is the description of POI#" + (i + 1)),
                "altitude": "100.0",
                "name": ("POI#" + (i + 1))
            });
            }
        */

poiData.push({
            "id": 0,
            "longitude": 9.238569,
            "latitude": 45.290050,
            "altitude": AR.CONST.UNKNOWN_ALTITUDE,
            "description": "Prova A",
            "name": "23A"
        });

poiData.push({
            "id": 1,
            "longitude": 9.238415,
            "latitude": 45.290054, 
            "altitude": AR.CONST.UNKNOWN_ALTITUDE,
            "description": "Prova B",
            "name": "23B"
        });
        World.loadPoisFromJsonData(poiData);
    },

onError: function onErrorFn(error) {
        alert(error);
    }

the POIS continue to move around me and sometimes move to the opposite side of where they should be (I attach a video of a test with my iphone X). Am i doing something wrong? How can I fix it?

Thank you

MOV

Hi, I think that was mine problem with gps on my Iphone X. I usually use a metallic part insert in the cover of my phone to hold it in my car with magnet. Now i'm trying without it and now POIS jump less. Thanks 

Hi Vincenzo,

From what i can see, you are declaring everything in the correct way. I can think in 2 possibilities that could make this happen:

1) It could happen that the sensors from the device are not calibrated properly. Please, check if this is the reason of the POIs to be moving around. Here is an app that could help to check:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.androgames.level&hl=en

2) If 1 is not the reason, i would need to check if the SDK has some error handling the data coming from the sensors. It also could be some device specific issue, could you tell me in which device are you testing it?

Thank you,

Aitor.

Login or Signup to post a comment