Hi there, I am new to Unity and C# scripting. I have created an application with 2 image targets. Both image targets should load a video when being tracked by the Wikitude camera. However, the second video does not play on random Android devices and works other Android devices.
Video played on: Huawei P9 Lite and Samsung J2
Did not play on: Huawei P20 Lite and Samsung S8
First Image Target:
1. Video is stored in the Unity Package locally. (See Attached Image)
2. Video plays within a Quad 3D Object from Unity
3. When the image target is tracked, the video plays perfectly.
Second Image Target:
1. Video is stored online at this URL http://www.ujar.co.za/ar-videos/UJ_Library_Edit_v1.3.mp4
2. When the image target is tracked, the target is detected and the plain white 3D Quad loads, but the video fails to stream on certain devices.
Please see the included video of Target 1 and 2 being tracked on an Android device.
Please provide the following details:
Thx and greetings
I have installed the latest version of Unity2019.1.11f1 along with the latest Wikitude SDK 8.6.0
Started a brand new project and rebuilt the app. Still has the same problem on the same devices.
It works on Unity Editor as well when I test before building the APK.
Hope you can help.
I'm not sure if this is a problem with our SDK, or with Unity's video player. Have you tried to play the video in an empty scene, without any kind of Wikitude GameObjects?
To emulate the behaviour as closely as possible, I would create an empty scene, add two buttons, one for each video, and when one of them is pressed, instantiate the appropriate video prefab and place it in front of the camera.
Please let us know what the behaviour is in this scenario.